What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Once more into the breach, and then I’ll leave the subject alone. This thread has everything. It’s educational; introducing people to music they never considered, highlighting recordings previously unknown, friendly; with welcomes almost immediately for new posters, generous; there are packages heading for new owners almost constantly, considerate; sharing and sympathizing with other people’s problems and concerns.

It’s also a lifeline. Some of us rely on it for the only interaction we get with other people. The fact that those other people are of a similar mindset is the icing on the cake. Want to spend weeks away from home, have no social life outside of those you encounter at work, sleep in a truck or work camp and generally watch your life disappear while others are having a great time? Welcome to my world. Sure. If this thread disappeared, I’d replace it with something else, given time, but who else would really care what the northern prison is?

Presently listening to two vac trucks through double hearing protection. Catch you all later.
Great points, Kevin . I feel enriched by the regulars on this thread. I am glad to got to know them.

618fje1USjL._SX355_.jpg

View attachment 1194726 View attachment 1194727 Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but, I think I have stumbled upon the thrift store find of the year...a Topaz Electronics "Ultra-Isolator" line noise suppressor model 91095-32! Don't let the $10 price tag fool you...it was 75% off for a whopping total of $2.50!!! And it works! Here is one guys take on it:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/top...ansformers-for-affordably-clean-power.857448/
Electric suppressors are great. I swear by them.
My sister has flipped me a couple surplus from the hospital she works in.
If it's good enough for million dollar medical machines it's good enough for your stereo..
Blitz is right tho, running an amp or load off it might not be good. For things like TT's and Preamp's tho not usually a problem. The ratings sticker on the back matters.

Last edited:
View attachment 1194726 View attachment 1194727 Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but, I think I have stumbled upon the thrift store find of the year...a Topaz Electronics "Ultra-Isolator" line noise suppressor model 91095-32! Don't let the $10 price tag fool you...it was 75% off for a whopping total of $2.50!!! And it works! Here is one guys take on it:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/top...ansformers-for-affordably-clean-power.857448/

Screaming deal Brother. Clean protected power rocks. I'd use the main amp and probably my turntable. I use a old Monster HTS 3500. Saved my rig one time.

I will give all this feedback some thought overnight and give my response in the AM. Sometimes being a moderator makes me fell like Solomon, and it is not a good feeling when the masses turn on you.
Evening folks,
Jim

P.s. This should never be a us against them scenario. JMHO

044.jpg

Ok, that was even more fun than I thought it would be.

Here's what it is.
Te-Te went shopping at @bobsvinyl's Good Will store. He found this binder stuffed with heavy metal CD's.
046.jpg

He actually bought them with the intention of passing them on to someone here who digs metal. He asked me if I'd like them and showed me pics of most of the discs.
I had no idea of what I was seeing, but investigation showed me that it was a series of heavy metal compilation discs that were made around ten years ago.
A bunch of bands that I've never heard of playing a wide variety of hard core metal. Most of it is pretty thrashy from what I can gather and old school thrash is some of my favorite stuff.
So I'll be exploring a ton of metal that I'd have otherwise never been exposed to. The bulk of my metal collecting ended in the '90's.

There's like three separate series represented here. A whopping 77 discs in all.
048.jpg

049.jpg

Playing this one right now. The Machine Gun Nun cracks me up.
045.jpg

So thanks a ton Te-Te, this is gonna be a wild ride!!!
Damn thats cool. And would have never guessed. I hate that games anyway. Man, Some cool bro'S hang around here!!

Back
Top Bottom