Today's Blues Playlist

Went digging through the ROIO pile in the garage this weekend, and ended up with an accidental Colorado blues playlist for the rest of today.

Albert Collins - 1992-08-16 at Red Rocks (says it’s a sbd recording on the disc, but it’s sounding like FM to me)

William Clarke - 1991-05-31 in Denver (audience recording)

A band that started out as blues, but has since morphed into more than one genre is that of "The Fabulous Thunderbirds".

The first time I picked up their music ("Tuff Enuff" 1986), I thought them to be only blues, but found that their sound was a mix of blues, rock and roll, with some R&B thrown in. It was unique. "Tuff Enuff" pulled me in, and found that all the tracks were just that much different, and pleasing to the ear. They just explode with sound!

To date, have not seen this band that is still playing venues in this thread, but maybe it's in the rock thread?

Whatever genre you decide they are...they are worth listening to as they are a tight band!

Q

A band that started out as blues, but has since morphed into more than one genre is that of "The Fabulous Thunderbirds".

The first time I picked up their music ("Tuff Enuff" 1986), I thought them to be only blues, but found that their sound was a mix of blues, rock and roll, with some R&B thrown in. It was unique. "Tuff Enuff" pulled me in, and found that all the tracks were just that much different, and pleasing to the ear. They just explode with sound!

To date, have not seen this band that is still playing venues in this thread, but maybe it's in the rock thread?

Whatever genre you decide they are...they are worth listening to as they are a tight band!

Q
Old T-Birds stuff is solid.
I don't care for all of the post-Vaughan stuff, but there's goodness there, too.

I saw a re-booted lineup a few years back. Just Wilson and a bunch of hire guns, but they were really good hired guns. Kid Ramos on guitar and Stephen Hodges on drums. They were like an f'ing freight train.

Old T-Birds stuff is solid.
I don't care for all of the post-Vaughan stuff, but there's goodness there, too.

I saw a re-booted lineup a few years back. Just Wilson and a bunch of hire guns, but they were really good hired guns. Kid Ramos on guitar and Stephen Hodges on drums. They were like an f'ing freight train.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: Had heard that not many of the orig crew were still on board. I have at least two of their early offerings, and enjoy their unique sound. Guess what I really like is the variety and the way they come together as proficient players.

Q

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: Had heard that not many of the orig crew were still on board. I have at least two of their early offerings, and enjoy their unique sound. Guess what I really like is the variety and the way they come together as proficient players.

Q
Yeah, just Wilson is still around.

The Biggest Thing Since Colossus - Otis Spann with Fleetwood Mac
WLP pess.
em8MwIv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom