Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Got the Robyn Hitchcock/I want to go Backwards boxset online from his Yep Roc site. I have some of the stuff included therein, but I didn't have his first solo album (BLack Snake Diamod Role) and Eye and Trains have been remastered for this, and there's several albums of outtakes .and there's an autographed poster so..
Re: autogrxaphs. They're fun to have, but I've never gone out of my way for them. I have a signed cd from a small gig Linda Perry did touring for her In Flight album, and I found an Annie Ross signature on the back of a Lambert, Hendricks and Ross album that looked legit.

X: Los Angeles. A friend from work split the cost for the remastered reissue (he wants a vinyl burn of it). Great sound and the thick high gloss cover is really nice as well.

Beyond that...
What can I say, the used "new arrivals" bins have been awesome lately.

Killing Joke/self titled: Remastered 2xlp with the original album on black vinyl and a second lp with alternate takes and an unreleased session track on white vinyl.

Wire/Pink Flag: Took me a few listens and a good read of the lyrics to make out the rapid fire lyrics.
Ancestry.com says I'm over 80% UK in origin, so I should work on my mother tongue.

Slint/SPiderland: You really have to turn it up to hear clearly the ongoing monologues of dread. I suppose that's by design.

New York Dolls: Designed to shock messy blues rock in drag.

Throbbing Gristle: ............!?!

Norin: great electronic album!

Recent%20Vinyl%205%2018%202.jpg

3 wonderful CDs by Eileen Rose:

https://eileenrose.com/music

I got Shine Like It Does, Luna Turista, And Be Many Gone. All are wonderful. If you've never heard of her, I recommend that you check her out. Unless your a Country fan Shine is most accessable, I think. Not that the others are all Country. I don't know how to classify her. If you listen, let me know what you think.

Found Jon Hopkins' Singularity. Really was hoping to start with Immunity but it was nowhere to be found. This is good, though. Seems to fit along with the IDM/EDM I'm sorta getting into these days.

Did not find the Twin Peaks OST (the Angelo Badalamenti one). Oh, well. Another day.

Got the Robyn Hitchcock/I want to go Backwards boxset online from his Yep Roc site. I have some of the stuff included therein, but I didn't have his first solo album (BLack Snake Diamod Role) and Eye and Trains have been remastered for this, and there's several albums of outtakes .and there's an autographed poster so..
Re: autogrxaphs. They're fun to have, but I've never gone out of my way for them. I have a signed cd from a small gig Linda Perry did touring for her In Flight album, and I found an Annie Ross signature on the back of a Lambert, Hendricks and Ross album that looked legit.

X: Los Angeles. A friend from work split the cost for the remastered reissue (he wants a vinyl burn of it). Great sound and the thick high gloss cover is really nice as well.

Beyond that...
What can I say, the used "new arrivals" bins have been awesome lately.

Killing Joke/self titled: Remastered 2xlp with the original album on black vinyl and a second lp with alternate takes and an unreleased session track on white vinyl.

Wire/Pink Flag: Took me a few listens and a good read of the lyrics to make out the rapid fire lyrics.
Ancestry.com says I'm over 80% UK in origin, so I should work on my mother tongue.

Slint/SPiderland: You really have to turn it up to hear clearly the ongoing monologues of dread. I suppose that's by design.

New York Dolls: Designed to shock messy blues rock in drag.

Throbbing Gristle: ............!?!

Norin: great electronic album!

Recent%20Vinyl%205%2018%202.jpg

That is a sweet haul, there.

We collect what we like. Glad to know there are others on the same choices page. Yeah, that was a good day at the record store. It's a wonderful world. : )

Yeah, and 'we' are getting to like a lot more stuff. New discoveries every week. It's a good thing I'm retired so I almost have enough time to listen to it all. Unfortunately, I'm going on a second interview today. ;^)

Yeah, and 'we' are getting to like a lot more stuff. New discoveries every week. It's a good thing I'm retired so I almost have enough time to listen to it all. Unfortunately, I'm going on a second interview today. ;^)

Ha! Yes, "we" make a good point. : )

Yesterday I got 2 records :)

Chicago V

CruIsing 1958 (Both sides recorded LIVE from a radio station (WIL) in 1958)

Gorgeous!!

I went to the record store today because I was given some money specifically for vinyl. I bought Kendrick Lamar's album of songs curated for the Black Panther, Miles Davis' 'Round About Midnight, and Rachel's Systems/Layers.

IMG_20180603_120345.jpg

I last got 4 records :)

1) Maxi Priest - Close to you (A 33 with 4 diff versions of this song on it (I like the main one the best (The longer one))
2) Buzzy - Buzzy linhart
3) The four seasons - Who loves you
4) Helen Reddys Greatest hits

Back
Top Bottom