Newish Rock Music

Stick with the video. The slow beginning just shows how they recorded in a nuclear power plant silo. I haven't heard anything else I like from this well-named band; but this one is a gem.

But this entire page seems to be filled with female-fronted bands. Just to show that males are still making albums:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/theloved
I kinda like track 8.

yea, i noticed that too. 2 things: women are more honest performers, you get less "fronting", "posing" etc; second, since 2004, they have been an explosion of female voices. When I look at my music library before 2000, taking out jazz, it must be 80 male fronted bands, i think women are making up for lost time. If you have some male fronted bands you think I would like given my posted examples, please post them.

yea, i noticed that too. 2 things: women are more honest performers, you get less "fronting", "posing" etc; second, since 2004, they have been an explosion of female voices. When I look at my music library before 2000, taking out jazz, it must be 80 male fronted bands, i think women are making up for lost time. If you have some male fronted bands you think I would like given my posted examples, please post them.
As a matter of fact, the only thing I can think of at the moment is an oldie in my collection:

But Girl In Trouble is why I bought the album and pretty much the only track I listen to.

I honestly DON'T remember. (I am that old, too) I'll have to acquaint or reacquaint myself.
Another group from that era that Broadcast reminds me of is the Murmaids.
Gotta listen to more Broadcast now.

I honestly DON'T remember. (I am that old, too) I'll have to acquaint or reacquaint myself.
Another group from that era that Broadcast reminds me of is the Murmaids.
Gotta listen to more Broadcast now.

she had a mellow mid/lower range, i think she could have been a fine jazz singer.

Back
Top Bottom