Houston, TX

I would like to find someone who knows how to work on the vintage stuff. Just started acquiring some pieces and some need fixing. Do you know of anyone ? Like to learn, not just pay someone.

Thanks,

Richard

I'm not in houston but I would be willing to make the drive providing there is a group :)

There is a group in Houston, Sherry M is president. Nice group of people. I need to reach out to them to get some guidance on hooking up a Kinergetics sub system and bypassing the passive crossover so I can use the electronic cross over
Lp1 with my Dahlquist dq10.

There is a group in Houston, Sherry M is president. Nice group of people. I need to reach out to them to get some guidance on hooking up a Kinergetics sub system and bypassing the passive crossover so I can use the electronic cross over
Lp1 with my Dahlquist dq10.

Hi Brian. Are they posting the event tracking somewhere?

I do know about the Houston Audio Society yahoo group. I wasn't aware of it until someone on AK gave me the info a few months ago.

Jeff

Bump :D

Chiming in for Houston area.

Let's get the conversation going. I work in Houston but live in the Clear Lake area. Always love sharing stories and discussion.

I just stopped into Best Buy - Baybrook and you guys would have love to seen the reaction from employees when I explained that the rca cables were for my reel to reel. :rflmao:

Hey, @freshpow21 just decided to check and see who else was from Houston. I live in Clear Lake as well.

Been learning repair for a couple years, but with busy schedule still very much a novice. Have a stack of tube and 70s solid state on workbench that I am slowly working through.

Would love to get involved with other AKers in Houston.

Michael

HI Michael!

Clear Lake is not too far away. I'm in Alvin. Grew up in the Alvin/Friendswood area.

Same here on learning electronics repair. I'm a newbie on repair and I'm busy like you, but would love to share knowledge and ideas. Hit me up on a PM so we can share info in the near future. :beerchug:

Thanks for the reply, I didn't mean to jump in a Houston thread, but I meant the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) for South Texas. I just doubted there'd be very much activity for a new thread. Appreciate the input though!

Thanks for the reply, I didn't mean to jump in a Houston thread, but I meant the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) for South Texas. I just doubted there'd be very much activity for a new thread. Appreciate the input though!

No Idea sorry search Yelp and Facebook

Yeah Texas is pretty big. When I think South Texas, I think Rio Grande and border towns. Hope you find the help you're needing.

I’m in Friendswood, been here since 09, briefly moved to San Antonio and came back here during that time.

I really need to get my SX680 repaired and would like to know if anyone locally (Friendswood/Clear Lake) does repairs?

I only know of these 3 places that do stereo repair

https://www.yelp.com/biz/save-on-sound-electronic-service-houston

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rons-electronics-houston?osq=rons+electronics

https://www.yelp.com/biz/apm-electronics-houston?osq=stereo+repair

Charlies Airwaves in Missouri City was my go to place for CB Radio and Stereo repair the guy was in his late 60s or 70s his rent was raised to high so he closed the place close to 2 years ago

Looks like there are some bad reviews on APM electronics. Ron’s seems like that would be a good place to start. I would prefer somewhere closer instead of trekking across town. I wouldn’t mind if it was someone who worked out of their garage so long as they know what they’re doing.

QUOTE: I wouldn’t mind if it was someone who worked out of their garage... Hi Hendrix416, I've known a couple of people that worked out of their garage and did some amazing things; in a way, I'd trust them more than a shop. Good luck in your search!

Back
Top Bottom