What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I'm working on an exterior painting/staining job for an an older couple, and when I got there the other day the lady asked if I would get up on a ladder and checkout her downspouts. I guess at one corner rain was pouring over the eaves and right into the AC unit. No problem, it was most likely plugged up at one of the elbows.
For the love of all that is right, why do people put the downspouts together and then put them in place, WITH THE SCREWS ON THE BACKSIDE, up against the wall?!
Is this some sort of insider joke with installers? :eek:

Ranch Boogers
Box-of-Boogers-Back.jpg

Parking job observed a local strip mall. Seriously?

View attachment 1200703 View attachment 1200704
Years ago my kid took a gymnastics class once a week for toddlers. Age 2-4, basically. One time I took her my grandparents happened to be in town for a visit, so I brought them along.
The gym was located in an old grocery store building(probably Safeway) in a strip mall, and used about 3/4 of the building. The other part was used by Canada Post.
Between their vehicles, their employee's vehicles, and the absolute organizational mess of the parking lot, it was really tough to find a spot. It often looked like your pic, but all over the place. When we found a spot and started walking up, my grandfather said, "These cars aren't parked, they're abandoned".

Poorly designed web pages where just moving one's mouse from Point A to Point B results in a cascade of unwanted drop down menus.

I always thought those were very cleverly designed to do that for the express purpose of annoying the user.

Well they work. Commercial webpages are not designed for easy, intuitive navigation. They are designed to maximize clicks and page views. What are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

Anytime the claim is "we've updated our webpage to enhance the user experience," get ready for harder and slower.

Minor peeve - went to a $$$$ steak house on Saturday night with 5 friends/family - ordered steaks and fish with baked potatoes. After a very, very long time the waiter comes back and says they are out of baked potatoes - c'mon - a Saturday night and a steak house is out of baked potatoes?

Happened Again Today. .. grrrrrrrr ... was contemplating ...... one sheet ... I had the house walk about Phone with me... No use. But it rung while i was letting of steam .. I answered it there was a long pause. I knew it be one of those Asian survey calls or them idiots pretending to be from Microsoft. an Asian voice Said "am I speaking to Mr ..." They always get my name wrong. (There's a couple of things in my mind I am dying to try to seek a reaction and I'm thinking quick or as quick as a 66 yo coming on 67 can think ) Then i was totally honest with them and said I am on the Toilet. Back come a lot of giggling and they put the phone down on me. Plan A is To tell them when they ring is the name of the person they are asking for has Died. (Hes every right too at 66 ) Just to listen to the reaction to see if i get crossed of the list so to speak

I wish my partner the lady I care for would change the roll when its Empty. Do you know what. I had a good long look at her face flannel and thought shall I. Its that or the shower curtain ( Again ) why am i laughing ... But i did find something suitable.

Politicians who, when asked a specific question, can only revert to lame talking points that are completely unrelated.

One did that on a news show this morning and I thought it would be great if they'd cut his microphone and say "That isn't the question I asked. Can you please answer this question". Shame on the interviewers for allowing them to get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom