Unsurpassed Master Guitarist Playlist

Mike Bloomfield with The Paul Butterflied Blues Band "East West". I read somewhere that Mike Bloomfield coming down from an acid trip stated that he discovered the secret to Indian Ragas. I don't know if he did, but this is an excellent blending of musical styles.

-Dave

Mike Bloomfield with The Paul Butterflied Blues Band "East West". I read somewhere that Mike Bloomfield coming down from an acid trip stated that he discovered the secret to Indian Ragas. I don't know if he did, but this is an excellent blending of musical styles.

-Dave
watching Michael Bloomfield & Elvin Bishop playing off each other was a rare treat i still treasure...pure magic.

Just removed Carlos Santana from my list after suffering through his desecration of the Star Spangled Banner on the NBA Playoffs ...

Keith Richards may not be as technically proficient as most of the guys were celebrating here, but he leads them all at sounding, well like Keith. Instantly recognizable, unique and really, really bitchen. One of a kind.
Playing this here clear 180g reissue of Beggars’ Banquet. The finest by the Stones if you ask me.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Just removed Carlos Santana from my list after suffering through his desecration of the Star Spangled Banner on the NBA Playoffs ...

I'm sorry to hear this. I've always admired Carlos. Although I do not consider him a master guitarist in the sense of this thread, seeing him in concert is one of my fondest memories.

-Dave

Maybe I'm just having a fit of patriotism and over-reacting - 'twere me, all this twanging and yodeling would be banned and meet immediate summary execution. (mumble mutter)

I'm sure I'll get over it ...

Jose Feliciano version years ago wasn't well received back then...Jimi blew us away with his fire lit version...i liked Carlos tonight...he has done this style before...i like its pace...Quick.

Mike Bloomfield with The Paul Butterflied Blues Band "East West". I read somewhere that Mike Bloomfield coming down from an acid trip stated that he discovered the secret to Indian Ragas. I don't know if he did, but this is an excellent blending of musical styles.-Dave
Can't like this one enough!

Maybe I'm just having a fit of patriotism and over-reacting - 'twere me, all this twanging and yodeling would be banned and meet immediate summary execution. (mumble mutter)

I'm sure I'll get over it ...
It's a guitar, and it's the Star-Spangled Banner. What did you expect him to do with it?

You've got a point ... have to dust off my kazoo and see if I make it out of the local DAV meeting alive ...

PS ... much better job last year, so IMHO it's more of how it was done instead of that it was done.

Back
Top Bottom