MC 7200 Bridged or Bi Amp?

Someone mentioned bridged load into 8 ohms in the manual. Need to spend more time learning about this.
Glad to hear I can bridge 4 ohm speakers. Want to see if it makes a difference like going from MAC4100 to MC7200.
Still thinking of a more sensitive speaker. Legacy Focus and some one who worked at McIntosh mentioned Omega. Still looking hoping to find used but will take some time as it seems shipping can be a problem.

Am I looking at he wrong Monitor Audio pl100, are they a tough load? I run Infinity QLS1 one of the most inefficient 4ohm box speaker ever weighing like 180lbs each and around 80db efficiency with a single MC7200. It will drive them no problem, deafeningly all day long.

Nice. PL100 comes in at 88db. Going to run it in stereo for a week then bridge the amps.
Still interested in more sensitive floor standing speakers. I am happy with the MA PL100 but can't help looking. The MA PL100's will always work with the shop MAC 4100.

Nice. PL100 comes in at 88db. Going to run it in stereo for a week then bridge the amps.
Still interested in more sensitive floor standing speakers. I am happy with the MA PL100 but can't help looking. The MA PL100's will always work with the shop MAC 4100.
Be sure to try vertical biamping as well. Stereo image should improve when doing so. OH, and how about some freakin' pics Mr. I got two MC7200s!! That's the one Mc amp that I've never owned that I've always wanted to try.

OK more confusion.
Vertical Bi Amp with Y RCA's or XLR's?
Or feed from C37 Main and # 2 speaker outputs? So Main Output would be Right to right woofer and Left to left tweeter. And 2 would be Left to left woofer and Right to right tweeter?

Seems like Y cable would be the cleanest with shortest speaker cable runs.

Regardless of how you do it, you want LEFT signals going to the LEFT amp and RIGHT signals going to the RIGHT amp. You could do this with one pair of RCAs from the SPKR1 and SPKR2 LEFT outputs to the LEFT amp and one pair of RCAs from the RIGHT outputs of the same to the RIGHT amp. Or, you could use only the MAIN outputs and then use Y-Cords at the amps. Results will be the same.

If you use the SPKR 1 & 2 outputs, you could use the front panel switches to turn ON/OFF the top/bottom halves of the speakers - which could be handy for tuning of troubleshooting.

Just as I thought. Thanks.
Now I am waiting for McIntosh to open. It seems one amp has 8m grub screws and the other 5m screws going into a barrel nut. William 13 had the same problem in 2012.
Would be nice to have both amp speaker connections the same.

TV Stand 002.JPG TV Stand 016.JPG
OH, and how about some freakin' pics Mr. I got two MC7200s!!

Had to make a new TV stand out of aluminium plate so everything would fit. Now there is room to bring the Thorens TD 165 uhpstairs.
Still waiting for McIntosh to cut the glass since one MC7200 has some bubbling.
AC had the 8mm grub screws for the second amp so now they have the same connections on both amps.

Sounds good.
Amps in cabinet have 1.5" clearance on both sides and 1" clearance above amp.
The back of the cabinet is vented and the panel can be removed completely if needed.
So I have the minimum 8" high clearance in the owners manual and 17.5" wide compared to 17" in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom