RS-IIIa, 4, 5, and 6 ad brochure w/ lots of good info

Seppo

I just bought a beautiful 4-page 1981 Infinity ad brochure from eBay, featuring RS-IIIa, 4, 5, and 6 speakers. It has a couple of nice photos of the speakers, but moreover this is an old school ad/brochure where the selling is done via talking tech and physics. In other words, lots of good info on the design principles and physics behind these speakers.

Below a PDF scan of the brochure. I had to put it in two parts due to size limitations, sorry.

Attachments

• Infinity_RS_brochure_1981_04282014_p1_p2.pdf
    590.3 KB · Views: 576
  • Infinity_RS_brochure_1981_04282014_p3_p4.pdf
    479.5 KB · Views: 416
By any chance did that brochure come from a seller in Turkey?
If so, how was transaction?

By any chance did that brochure come from a seller in Turkey?
If so, how was transaction?

No, this was a US seller, 'out4fun72'. Flawless transaction.

If anyone is interested in ads and brochures like this, 'effgjm' has a huge collection and is very reliable/good. I have bought a few brochures from him earlier.

I have no affiliation w/ either of the above people.

Thanks for the reply Seppo.
Glad you are happy with your purchase.
There's a seller in Turkey who has some seldom seen (by me at least) Infinity brochures.
I've been hesitant to purchase from them due to the location and they are a bit pricey.
Could be totally legit.
Would like to hear if anyone has dealt with them.

Thanks Seppo. This brochure answered many of my questions about the RS-5 speakers I picked up last year. The included stands that came with them look to be almost identical in style and height to the stand shown on the RS-5 on page 1 of the brochure.

Thanks op, for posting!! Now a question: Does anyone have any thoughts on why they use the foam on the larger (RSIIIA/B) and not on the shorter (4,5,& 6) speakers. I have read about "diffraction" here on AK and elsewhere but the cabinet design and drivers are pretty much identical except for the height, as far as I can tell. I would think that if the foam is necessary on the taller speakers, it would also be necessary on the shorter speakers.

Thanks op, for posting!! Now a question: Does anyone have any thoughts on why they use the foam on the larger (RSIIIA/B) and not on the shorter (4,5,& 6) speakers. I have read about "diffraction" here on AK and elsewhere but the cabinet design and drivers are pretty much identical except for the height, as far as I can tell. I would think that if the foam is necessary on the taller speakers, it would also be necessary on the shorter speakers.
The IIIa/b is wider than the other models down the line, so I'm guessing that the additional surface area resulted in a enough smearing of the mid/treble frequencies to negativity impact the sound.

The IIIa/b is wider than the other models down the line, so I'm guessing that the additional surface area resulted in a enough smearing of the mid/treble frequencies to negativity impact the sound.

Good point, hadn't, considered that. Thank's

Thanks for posting, guess I need to start looking myself. That would really complete my 90's package.

Back
Top Bottom