What PUNK Rock Album Are You Hearing Now !!!

244D1A20-E11C-4BBF-AFC2-2DE28CEB6790.jpeg Moving onto another one of my fave punk records. Definitely up there in the top 10 punk album covers.
The Cramps “Bad Music for Bad People” original promo pressing circa ‘84 on I.R.S. Records.
I also picked up the Kevin Gray mastered reissue a few years back on Drastic Plastic Records on yellow vinyl & pressed at QRP. An absolute classic!

View attachment 1206229 View attachment 1206228
Oh, man. I love that album so much, I own 2 copies: A promo & a regular pressing. Well the promo is what I call a
1/2 PROMO, meaning it’s got a gold stamp on the back, but nothing on the label.
I saw an ad for this record as a full page in the back of “Thrasher” magazine, as a lot of us still into punk rock were skaters at one time. The cover looked so cool, that I went out and bought it sight unseen or unheard, I guess.
That was in ‘89, I think...
Anyway, I love the thread, dude! I’ve thought of doing the same, but figured the audiophile snobs who only listen to AAA vinyl pressed on 2 x LP’s @ 45rpm would say wtf is this shit? Don’t get me wrong, I converted to an audiophile many years ago, but had trouble admitting it until recently. Haha! JK! I love any vinyl that was pressed well and sounds good.
- Nick

Many punk albums actually are pressed extremely well, quite dead wax between songs is a sign of good pressing.

My Seven Seconds New Wind is one example.

Athanasios

In regards to your quote about God’s image:
Perhaps His plan was to aim his flock to binge drink and pay $60 to park in a freezing cold outdoor gravel parking lot starting at 8:00am, only to stumble 3.5 miles to the stadium, while dropping 1/2 of a sausage w/peppers & onions sub, on the ground and your pants on the walk there, only to scream yourself horse at the players & coaches (cuz you could clearly do a better job) about their faults and how their defense is terrible & their offense a buncha BS too. “Don’t he get payed enough to give us a good season”, you think to yourself.
Luckily He is all knowing, & gives this privilege to you on a Sunday, knowing you’ve to be at work the next morning at 6:00 am. Do not forget the almost 4 hr drive back home.

I think I may have answered your quote...
- Nick

In regards to your quote about God’s image:
Perhaps His plan was to aim his flock to binge drink and pay $60 to park in a freezing cold outdoor gravel parking lot starting at 8:00am, only to stumble 3.5 miles to the stadium, while dropping 1/2 of a sausage w/peppers & onions sub, on the ground and your pants on the walk there, only to scream yourself horse at the players & coaches (cuz you could clearly do a better job) about their faults and how their defense is terrible & their offense a buncha BS too. “Don’t he get payed enough to give us a good season”, you think to yourself.
Luckily He is all knowing, & gives this privilege to you on a Sunday, knowing you’ve to be at work the next morning at 6:00 am. Do not forget the almost 4 hr drive back home.

I think I may have answered your quote...
- Nick

HA! Okay. Pretty good. Pretttyyy good.

Many punk albums actually are pressed extremely well, quite dead wax between songs is a sign of good pressing.

My Seven Seconds New Wind is one example.

Athanasios
No doubt about that, man! I’ve got a few that when you hold them up to the light you can see through the vinyl, which has a brownish hue like Quiex vinyl. I mean, what else could it be? When I had first heard about Quiex vinyl, I started holding all my records up to a light. Haha!

upload_2018-6-7_22-56-31.jpeg
Some bedtime music courtesy of The Beastie Boys “Aglio E Olio” on Grand Royal circa ‘95. Now, I know that the B.B. aren’t considered punk rock, but for those of you who may not know, they started off as a punk band and that’s where their roots are based. Their first EP “Pollywog Stew” which was originally on casstte can attest to this. The “Aglio E Olio” record is about as awesome as punk rock gets in spirit, energy, clever lyrical ideas, and very cool and remeberable guitar riffs. I do know this record was mastered at RTI, so I kinda assume it was probably pressed there too.
Top notch, top notch...

I guess we can include any band who began with the Punk Rock influences . So
many alternative bands would fall into that, like Nirvana, Foo Fighters, REM etc.

Just got this in the mail today !!!!!

Descendants : Enjoy !

This helped me through adolescents more that you know . Especially " Get the Time" and " Cheer"

Good ole Straight edge Punk !!!

42702639921_b58200fcf5_h.jpg

Athanasios

Back
Top Bottom