Advance notice concerning birthday threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all you have already done. It's way above and beyond what any of us could keep up with.
I think it was your way of showing respect for the much-loved Muelster7, and that kindness will not be forgotten.
Please hang out with us just the same.

Rick

September, 1st.

Make that October 31, since my birthday is the 27;)

Love ya Chris, you'v always been a good hearted person and wanting to share your time. Well until someone or something pisses you off, then all bets are off, <duck>

Anyway the way I see it there was never one person doing birthdays or if someone passed a big post count. Well that was until Ronnie decide to start doing it, but before that it was just posted by friends or a mod if notice. Ronnie saw a need, he saw that it does make a more family atmosphere at least for the ones that sick and stay around here. You wanted to help a friend when asked, and that's very admirable of you.

Truth be told you have been doing it a lot longer than Ronnie did and I know he knows it wasn't easy to do. Hell he would start threads asking what would be good and if he should leave some members off, and if anyone appreciated it.

So my point is don't trip that it's some kind of obligation you need to do for us, Ronnie or yourself. You don't even need a end date or even say anything. If you see it's a friends birthday or milestone and want to start a best wishes thread for them that's all good. But to feel obligation to do it for everyone, it's not good for you, you get stressed on that.

While you did a lot on this subject I'll just leave it at thanks for your friendship and being you.

The time has come to pass on the baton - after three years of daily duty I will stop posting the daily Birthday threads, (and milestone threads) on September, 1st. I do not want to discuss this decision, I would like you please to respect and accept it. Thank you.

You have done yeoman service, good friend. I have high respect for what you have done for AK. Enjoy thy rest. Salute!!!! Thanks immensely!!!!

I just saw this thread and had to sit down. I didn't expect to read your announcement but can understand that it takes a bit of time to do this job and you did it wonderfully.
You have done Ronnie, and yourself, proud.
I know that he would be, and is, happy that you took over what he started.
Thank you for all you have contributed to make this place a better place.
I will look forward to seeing you here hopefully for many more years to come.

Thanks Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom