Your Last Concert (or two)

Sounded pretty good to me. I'm not familiar with their music though.

They are very prolific with distinctive and at times gimmicky albums. Nonagon Infinity is my favorite and it is nine tracks composed to to be seamlessly played on loop. Quarters is four 10:10 songs. Microtonal Flying Banana involves the use of microtonal instruments. Last year they announce and then released five albums.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. Sorry.

They are very prolific with distinctive and at times gimmicky albums. Nonagon Infinity is my favorite and it is nine tracks composed to to be seamlessly played on loop. Quarters is four 10:10 songs. Microtonal Flying Banana involves the use of microtonal instruments. Last year they announce and then released five albums.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. Sorry.

They will be on tour for a while, so catch them if you can.

June 5 & 6 , 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Stef Chura
Lord Huron

Sold out. Both nights.

Last edited:
May 22nd - Moda Center in Portland, OR - The Eagles...................second time seeing them and they were outstanding with Glenn Frey's son playing along with Vince Gill. One of my top 3 concerts seen all time...

June 8, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR

KT Tunstall
Better Than Ezra
Barenaked Ladies - Last Summer On Earth Tour 2018

Sold out.

Last edited:
BJMMetro.jpg

Brian Jonestown Massacre: Sydney Metro Saturday 9th of June.

It was a good gig. Not a great gig but a good gig. The talent and "owner" Anton Newcombe can be a bit prickly when things don't go his way, so there were a couple of song restarts when the band didn't get in his groove. He hates hecklers and had one booted out. One of the roadies got a bollocking. He also had the whole crowd offside at one stage with some comments about Sydney. Anyway all was forgiven when he started playing again. He was pretty chuffed with two sellout gigs in Sydney. The best way I can put it......there was tension and I suppose from tension sometimes come good things.

I wasn't the eldest in the crowd by a long shot. There were a lot of us grey hairs in there. So the crowd was aged 18 to their 70's.

The music was great and the band have their chops right, ranging from lovely jangly pop to full aural psychedelic feedback assault. The drummer suits the band well.

There were some newer songs I hadn't heard but had that BJM feel about it. And there were a couple of their favourites. Servo, Anenome, That Girl Suicide, Who?, If Love is the Drug, Nevertheless, Nailing Honey to the Bee and Wisdom. Wisdom (I think) finished up the gig with screaming swirling feedback, then each guitarist exiting and leaving their guitar with feedback on stage. Anton remained on stage fiddling with them getting all sorts of choppy effects. That was amazing.

So, a good gig where everyone left happy. I saw Anton's tweet after the gig and he returned to an empty hotel room expecting a party with a bathtub full of beer and no-one turned up.

Brit Floyd @ Red Rocks Thursday evening, seemed to be some issue with sound system. Anyone else here attend that show?

Next to last concert i attended was Tom Petty and Joe Walsh last year, glad I got that in.

View attachment 1208266

Brian Jonestown Massacre: Sydney Metro Saturday 9th of June.

It was a good gig. Not a great gig but a good gig. The talent and "owner" Anton Newcombe can be a bit prickly when things don't go his way, so there were a couple of song restarts when the band didn't get in his groove. He hates hecklers and had one booted out. One of the roadies got a bollocking. He also had the whole crowd offside at one stage with some comments about Sydney. Anyway all was forgiven when he started playing again. He was pretty chuffed with two sellout gigs in Sydney. The best way I can put it......there was tension and I suppose from tension sometimes come good things.

I wasn't the eldest in the crowd by a long shot. There were a lot of us grey hairs in there. So the crowd was aged 18 to their 70's.

The music was great and the band have their chops right, ranging from lovely jangly pop to full aural psychedelic feedback assault. The drummer suits the band well.

There were some newer songs I hadn't heard but had that BJM feel about it. And there were a couple of their favourites. Servo, Anenome, That Girl Suicide, Who?, If Love is the Drug, Nevertheless, Nailing Honey to the Bee and Wisdom. Wisdom (I think) finished up the gig with screaming swirling feedback, then each guitarist exiting and leaving their guitar with feedback on stage. Anton remained on stage fiddling with them getting all sorts of choppy effects. That was amazing.

So, a good gig where everyone left happy. I saw Anton's tweet after the gig and he returned to an empty hotel room expecting a party with a bathtub full of beer and no-one turned up.

This tour was a bunch of asshats. I worked it 5/22 in Portland OR/USA. Heavy drinking. Not sure this thing will finish as planned. Just my $.02 worth with 13 years of doing this.

This tour was a bunch of asshats. I worked it 5/22 in Portland OR/USA. Heavy drinking. Not sure this thing will finish as planned. Just my $.02 worth with 13 years of doing this.

i would believe it although he's managed somehow to hold it together for 30 years.. I've seen a documentary DIG of the band with full blown punch ups between the guys on stage. And yeah I was expecting a bit of hostility on the night, just hoping it wouldn't go pear shaped.

Something like 30 plus musicians have gone through the band's ranks.

Merle Haggard at a county fair, can't recall the date and before that "YES" at the "Forum".
Both had to be at least 35- 40 years ago.

June 13, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR

St Beauty
Janelle Monea - Dirty Computer Tour

Sold out.

Edit: Really enjoyed this one. I have Dirty Computer on order.
Edit 2: Love the album.
Edit 3: Best show of the summer, for me, so far. (posted 7/3/18)

Last edited:
Yesterday for Father’s Day. John Fogerty / ZZ Top. Blues and Bayous tour. Maryland Heights, MO.
Took the old man, my stepson, my brother and his boy. And my brother-in-law. Great show!

I was lucky enough to see Iron Maiden in Copenhagen on June 5th. Great show!

June 21 & 22, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Mamma Kin Spender
John Butler Trio+

Neither show was sold out about 620 Thursday and 1,000 on Friday. 6 week tour, catch it if you can. Runs about 135 minutes or so. 40 for the opener (his wife).

He has his original trio in place but there are some added players on percussion and keyboards. More of a full sound heavy on drums.

Last edited:
June 23, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR

M Ward
The Decemberists

Second of two sold out nights. I thought M Ward was better. Colin Meloy is having some voice problems. They have cancelled some shows on this tour, but not the local Portland shows.

June 24, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Local H
Marcy Playground
Everclear - Summerland Tour 2018

Not sold out. 720.

Back
Top Bottom