Cornstock 2018 Iowa/Midwest gathering September 15

Leben

I’m looking ahead and want to gauge interest in another gathering at my place in rural Central Iowa this September. I had a great time last year enjoying tunes, food and fellowship. I’m hoping to do it again.

I’ve got my eye on the 15th. Everyone is welcome. I have space to set up multiple listening areas and have lots of shaded outdoor space for those that like to enjoy tunes outdoors and sit around a fire pit. I have plenty of equipment for us to play with and welcome others to bring equipment and/or music as well.

We have areas that work well for tents and RVs. The nearest hotel is about 20 minutes away.

Any interest? How does September 15 work for everyone?

Btw, here’s the link to last year’s gathering
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....7-iowa-midwest-gathering-september-16.775048/

Last edited:
Lord willin' and the crick don't rise, I'll be there again.
I strongly encourage anyone who is able to attend. Great hospitality, lots of cool gear, and good times with likeminded audio heads. What more could anyone ask for?

Hey
I'd like to attend just to see/hear your new 6550 amp. And meeting all you good folks up north would be fun as well.
But I'm afraid the distance may be too far. Eric

Hey
I'd like to attend just to see/hear your new 6550 amp. And meeting all you good folks up north would be fun as well.
But I'm afraid the distance may be too far. Eric
Hey Eric, it’s about 3.5-4 hours from KC to my place. Maybe carpool with some others in your area? I’d love to have my neighbors from the south over!

I’m excited about that amp, Gordon does great work! He’s the right person for that unique project and I’m fortunate that he was willing to build it. It’ll certainly be in use during the gathering.

Hope you can make it!

I'm new but live in Des Moines area. Got some maggies and some ads that I could bring (assuming we all recognise they are a little power hungry.

I'm new but live in Des Moines area. Got some maggies and some ads that I could bring (assuming we all recognise they are a little power hungry.
Wonderful, hope you can make it! Bring whatever you like, we have amplification! I’m about 45 minutes from Des Moines.

Sounds fun, I'm interested. And from the photos of your last get together it looks like a lot of fun too!

What's the drive look like from 46809?

Sounds fun, I'm interested. And from the photos of your last get together it looks like a lot of fun too!

What's the drive look like from 46809?
Greetings! It looks like it’s about 7 hours and 20 minutes taking the most direct route. Maybe a little more if you decide to bypass Chicagoland. I’ve traveled quite a bit to Indiana and also Chicago. Most of the drive should be really easy, just have to put in the windshield time. Hope it works out that you can make it!

Greetings! It looks like it’s about 7 hours and 20 minutes taking the most direct route. Maybe a little more if you decide to bypass Chicagoland. I’ve traveled quite a bit to Indiana and also Chicago. Most of the drive should be really easy, just have to put in the windshield time. Hope it works out that you can make it!
Cool! I've been up to your neck of the woods a few times for work. Ames I believe, just north of Des Moines. I checked with the boss and it looks like I should be able to go, but a lot can happen between now and then so Ill keep you posted.

If anyone wants to car pool I would be game.

Cool! I've been up to your neck of the woods a few times for work. Ames I believe, just north of Des Moines. I checked with the boss and it looks like I should be able to go, but a lot can happen between now and then so Ill keep you posted.

If anyone wants to car pool I would be game.
Excellent, glad it looks like you might make it.

That’s definetly my neck of the woods. We’re less than an hour to Ames (closer to you). If your work ever brings you to my area again, feel free to PM me and stop by.

Back
Top Bottom