Dust cap problem on Heresey ll

ccawker

Dented in and was looking at other posts and the "tape" thing nor the "vacuum" seems to work......someone had success with the KG2 as he just cut it off and reglued it,but the Heresey dustcap is not like those.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
thank you.

some have had success with a small push pin...piercing the dust cap and then manually pulling it to it's normal profile...remember this is only a dust cap and usually the dented look is the only issue with it being pushed in...good luck with yours... (When I tried this on a pair of Quartets...either the tape or vacuum way worked for me)

Stronger tape? Or, the small pin method. I use old JBL’s for my guitar rig. The ones with the aluminum dust caps. They often get dented. It’s purely cosmetic, but it drives me nuts. Try real duct tape. Not the popular brand, but the actual metallic like, silvery stuff. It’s very Sticky and will work I bet.

Use a pick (the thinner the better and it's so useful for other things) if you have cloth dust cap. Just insert and pull the dust cap back into shape. Have done it with mine (people can't keep their hands off of tits).
pick.jpg

One of the dust caps on my Heresy I is damaged. I bought 3" dust caps from PE which are too small. What is the proper size to replace the dust cap, and vendor suggestion? They will look a bit odd with the faded off-white cone and black dust cap, but that's not an issue.

BTW the vacuum method works best if you have the end on the cover when you turn it on (most suction at the very beginning). If you can't use a pin to get it out just leave it and put the grill cover back on.

Know this is old. If you have a felt like dust cap that has a crease when you have pulled the dent. I dampen the cap with water then put a clip pin close to the dent. Pull it out hold the pin in place. Release the pressure the dent and crease gone cap looks normal. Have done this on four or five caps. Works.

One of the dust caps on my Heresy I is damaged. I bought 3" dust caps from PE which are too small. What is the proper size to replace the dust cap, and vendor suggestion? They will look a bit odd with the faded off-white cone and black dust cap, but that's not an issue.
To answer my own question, the 3 1/2" dust cap from speakerworks fits. I replaced the caps on both speakers, as they are the decorator series with no grills.

Back
Top Bottom