Todays METAL playlist

An old local band from my home town of Birkenhead..........always put on a good live show. A good boogie/blues style band. Well liked, very well liked by the biker groups.

Engine.

Na19RDU.jpg

Birkenhead. You must have gone to Stairways and Skeleton Records:)

Another local band, though I never got to see them live as they ceased to exist by the time I was old enough to go to pubs/clubs.

A pretty decent early 80's English rock band. During their career they got to open for Queen, UFO, Budgie and Black Sabbath. As Rage they got to tour with Uriah Heep and Meatloaf.

6vJfw0Q.jpg

Man, I lived in Stairways every Friday and Saturday from 1986 to around 1994 when it went downhill quick!

And Skellies was always a great place; especially the original location below Stairways. Punks and metal heads everywhere and the smell of trogg oil!

You from Birkenhead then?
Yes I am originally from Oxton. Started going back in 1984 for holidays to meet up with my old friends who were fellow metal heads and went to Stairways every time until about 1988. Loved the place

Yes I am originally from Oxton. Started going back in 1984 for holidays to meet up with my old friends who were fellow metal heads and went to Stairways every time until about 1988. Loved the place

I was brought up on the Ford Estate and then lived in Moreton and Upton before moving to Toronto 14 years ago.

I do miss Stairways. Dave Galbraith would have been the DJ around that time, too. Think he then went on to write for Kerrang! after that. There's currently a monthly Stairways get together at various places on the Wirral, with the old DJ, Robbie running things. Seems to be a lot of the old 80's crowd going too.

Probably ran into you at some point in Stairways!

I was brought up on the Ford Estate and then lived in Moreton and Upton before moving to Toronto 14 years ago.

I do miss Stairways. Dave Galbraith would have been the DJ around that time, too. Think he then went on to write for Kerrang! after that. There's currently a monthly Stairways get together at various places on the Wirral, with the old DJ, Robbie running things. Seems to be a lot of the old 80's crowd going too.

Probably ran into you at some point in Stairways!
More than likely. What a place. Those cheap pils nights were too much. Being used to frosty beer those piss warm Holstens were undrinkable but my friends would have 60 going on a table.

Cool. Had to look this one up. That one seem pretty obscure. Can't be too many copies of it floating around. Appears they're still playing together.
A German pressing of a Swiss band. Has to be the only Swiss band in all of my albums. I'm sure an article in Kerrang prompted me to by it back in '82.
At times they sound more AC/DC than AC/DC.. Nothing complicated, dark or serious about them. Just good old fashioned fun hard rock/heavy metal.

A German pressing of a Swiss band. Has to be the only Swiss band in all of my albums. I'm sure an article in Kerrang prompted me to by it back in '82.
At times they sound more AC/DC than AC/DC.. Nothing complicated, dark or serious about them. Just good old fashioned fun hard rock/heavy metal.

No Celtic Frost or Coroner in the collection?

I noticed the German pressing on Bellaphon. :thumbsup: I have 4 Bellaphon pressings but they're by prog band Nektar.

New turntable or something you just rotated back into the system?
Yeah, it's something that I recently rotated in.
A very entry level direct drive p-mount Technics SL-Q200 that my wife bought before I met her like 35 years ago. It's never seen a lot of use over the years. Plays like a charm.
024.jpg

No Celtic Frost or Coroner in the collection?

I noticed the German pressing on Bellaphon. :thumbsup: I have 4 Bellaphon pressings but they're by prog band Nektar.
Didn't realize Celtic Frost was a Swiss band. Thought they were German.
Don't own any Coroner, but I do have these two first press Celtic Frost albums.
Never really got into their vibe so I've barely ever played these.
(I know, sell them right? Stupid money going on for these as I recall)
027.jpg

Didn't realize Celtic Frost was a Swiss band. Thought they were German.
Don't own any Coroner, but I do have these two first press Celtic Frost albums.
Never really got into their vibe so I've barely ever played these.
(I know, sell them right? Stupid money going on for these as I recall)
027.jpg

Would that be a Noise pressing of Emperor's Return? :bowdown:

I sadly, but still gladly, have the censored Canadian Banzai version which still fetches some decent coin it seems.

Back
Top Bottom