What was the last movie you watched?

OK....speaking of weird, have you ever seen David Lynch`s "Eraserhead" ? :)
(or, anything from the John Waters Catalog Of Early Classics, such as "Female Trouble", "Desperate Living", "Pink Flamingos", "The Diane Linkletter Story", etc. ?)
My intuitive 'Crapometer' generally steers me away from my opinion of garbage. Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and the other Lynch film with Isabella Rosselini(edit Blue Velvet) were the last Lynch offerings I've seen. I'll probably never see Eraserhead. But I only saw Grease 40+ years after it came out. I avoid a lot of generally consumed media. The mountain of prime time sit-coms/drama/cop drama/etc that I have never watched one second of would amaze many. Virtually all of the mass consumption television from the last 40 years I have avoided. Seinfeld was one of the very few exceptions.

My intuitive 'Crapometer' generally steers me away from my opinion of garbage. Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and the other Lynch film with Isabella Rosselini(edit Blue Velvet) were the last Lynch offerings I've seen. I'll probably never see Eraserhead. But I only saw Grease 40+ years after it came out. I avoid a lot of generally consumed media. The mountain of prime time sit-coms/drama/cop drama/etc that I have never watched one second of would amaze many. Virtually all of the mass consumption television from the last 40 years I have avoided. Seinfeld was one of the very few exceptions.

Take my word for it....there is nothing "mass consumption" about any of the films I mentioned there....

Eraserhead is one of the few movies that I couldn't tolerate and had to turn off a little over half way through. And that's very rare for me. Over the years, I've watched countless bad/cheesy movies in the horror, scifi, exploitation, and western genres. I'll never understand why that movie is so highly rated.:dunno: I thought it was just an artsy-fartsy piece of shit.

I've never seen anything associated with John Waters. He or his work may as well never have happened for all I know.
Well, the middle movies, like Serial Mom (Kathleen Turner), Cry-Baby (Johnny Depp), or Polyester may be fun, I do prefer the earlier flicks like desparate Living or Pink Flamingos for the all out assault on normalcy and conventional decency ...

Forget Hairspray in its various incarnations (OMG - Travolta in Drag!!!) - go for the crazies!

But waddu I know, I've never been a Baltimoron -
just one of many who celebrated the town in the 70s before it got "classy" and boring.

Saw it in high school with a headful of mushrooms. As if it wasn't weird enough on its own and needed embellishment.

Same here....it was at a midnight show at NYC`s Waverly Theater, double-billed along with Zappa`s "200 Motels"....we were still pretty plugged-in leaving the theater, and everybody was wondering out loud "so, what the **** WAS that ???" :)

We just watched a movie with such an awesome plot and great cinematography:

maxresdefault.jpg

:D

I saw Pink Flamingos in college. The "Surfin' Bird" scene is just so wrong. Ditto the poodle scene.

Divine was always weird.

Small Town Crime (2017)

In short: An ex-cop that lapsed into alcoholism and dysfunctional behavior upon witnessing the murder of his partner while on duty finds redemption after helping former coworkers on the town's force solve the murder of a local big wig's grandaughter. It's an excellent film that showcases the fragility of a human being who may be circumstancially down, but refuses to be out.

Starring: John Hawkes (Deadwood), Anthony Anderson (Black-ish), Octavia Spencer (The Help), and Robert Forster (Jackie Brown)

Small Town Crime.jpg

Last edited:
"Street Kings" (2008) Stars Keanu Reeves, Forest Whittaker, Hugh Laurie, John Corbett, Cedric The Entertainer, Jay Mohr, Common, Chris Evans

A crime drama/action film, where Veteran LA cop Tom Ludlow (Reeves) finds himself thrown into a jackpot where someone is trying to set him up to look like a cop killer, and hardly anybody can be trusted. Rather formulaic, but a solid script and good character development keep things rolling. Worth watching.

Johnny Got His Gun (1971) (Media/Lorimar/Image ID5275ME (1988)), upc 014381527568, laserdisc

This is the R rated version with a running time of 111 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom