Green protection light

MrChevelle

i have a Sansui 9090, the red protection light flashes and goes out after the protection relay clicks. Everything works excellent but the green light never comes on. I didn’t see this issue in the numerous protection light problems. it possible that the led on board F2695 has failed or is there another common issue?

The contact in the protect relay could be dirty. The one of the Normally closed contacts gives the flashing red. When the relay closes, the Normally open contact should engage giving the green LED. Try tapping on the protect relay with a wooden stick or something like a chopstick or other non metalic item, but be aware that the left or right channel could cut out as well as you tap, because if one of the contacts is dirty, they probably are all dirty. Use a set of headphones to listen at low volume when you do this, to see if the left or right is affected.

Yup, that dropping resistor has probably failed. It's a fairly common issue. There are a number of existing threads on that topic.

- Pete

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It’s next weekends project so I’ll let you know after I try the fix.
April 22

Just wanted to thank you for the diagnosis on my green protection light issue. I replaced the resistor and all is well now.
June 11

That is about how long it takes for the upcoming weekend project to actually happen.

Glad you got the led working again.

Back
Top Bottom