Thoughts on Balanced Cables

2 sets of cables have been made, and will ship Monday.

AS I wrote, my stock was stored about an hour away, any delay was from my wish to not buy anything; particularly when...

One person is in Texas, the OP in Alabama.

We shall see!

Mike

I run balanced cables from my preamp to my crossovers. Nuetrik connectors/Canare wire. I built these 4 cables which are 26 ft. long to get my crossovers and amps closer to my speakers. I also run Audio Magic Excaliber II balanced cables from my SACD to the preamp.
Regards,
Jim

2 sets went out Monday, we'll see how they're received.

Hey exhippy, want a set? Got a little 9451 left.

PM, if you would.

Mike

I run balanced cables from my preamp to my crossovers. Nuetrik connectors/Canare wire. I built these 4 cables which are 26 ft. long to get my crossovers and amps closer to my speakers. I also run Audio Magic Excaliber II balanced cables from my SACD to the preamp.
Regards,
Jim

I have no fear about running balanced cables long distances, but one thing I've always been curious about is that everyone shields from electromagnetic interference using non-magnetic components; copper or aluminum, generally.

I'd think that a magnetic metal would act like the shielding on old watches and would make the magnetic interference travel around the signal carrying conductors.

Back
Top Bottom