What's the view like from your listening chair?

My window would show the neighborhood, which is full of malefactors. Hence, the best arrangement is as seen here:

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
How stable is that triple stack of what appears to be hpm100 speakers?

How does all that gear stay cool?
Rock solid. The cabinets are open in the back, and there is good space above units that might have a bit of heat. That setup has changed little in 10 years.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rock solid. The cabinets are open in the back, and there is good space above units that might have a bit of heat. That setup has changed little in 10 years.

Enjoy,
Rich P
That tall, that much weight up high, with that small of a footprint. And on a soft, uneven surface (carpet). Can't be rock solid, not according to my physics professor anyways.

With the backs of the cabinets open and the backs of the cabinets that close to the wall, how much airflow is back there?

Well, there's a 9x14 rug in front of the speakers, windows are covered, bass traps and acoustic panels on walls plus, their Open Baffles.
I had a similar room.

Moved to the basement.....low ceiling, cement walls, thick carpet, no windows. Best listening room I have ever had. High ceilings with lots of glass and wood on the floor did not work half as well, in my case.

Well, there's a 9x14 rug in front of the speakers, windows are covered, bass traps and acoustic panels on walls plus, their Open Baffles.
I also have a lot of glass, hardwood floors etc and I don't even have any official room treatment panels either. And yet this current arrangement is the best sounding I have ever had. The only thing I can figure is that all the posts and beams in here plus the beveled ceiling, helps create enough diffraction to counter the glass and floor. That and there is no wall behind my listening chair, well there is a wall but is near 30 feet behind. Then there is the 12/12 ceiling pitch with the peak 20 feet up and a balcony just behind my chair. Definitely not a box!

Back
Top Bottom