The $1.47 plus tax, ULTIMATE Turntable upgrade for all mankind !!!

Mr.Jim

President of nothing
Subscriber
Well if you use a dustcover anyway. Head to your nearest Lowes home improvement, go to the blinds dept. and find this: Levolor part # 0334820 Roller Shade Hem Grip.
It's a 4 1/2" wide clear plastic device that slip over the edge of your dustcover. It has a lip you can grab so you can lift the dustcover without touching it. No fingerprints! 0612181338_resized.jpg 0612181338a_resized.jpg 0612181338a_resized.jpg

Well if you use a dustcover anyway. Head to your nearest Lowes home improvement, go to the blinds dept. and find this: Levolor part # 0334820 Roller Shade Hem Grip.
It's a 4 1/2" wide clear plastic device that slip over the edge of your dustcover. It has a lip you can grab so you can lift the dustcover without touching it. No fingerprints! View attachment 1210354 View attachment 1210355 View attachment 1210355
Clever Idea! Rebrand it and sell it in ebay for $9.99+$3.99 shipping :) I bet you would sell 100's, if not more! :thumbsup:

You know, I will have to experiment. Dustcover up, dustcover down, clip on, clip off...…
Placement on front of dustcover or side . So many choices.

There are a lot of combinations for your ABX test, you could also try it by flipping the gizmo upside down, now you have even more options :). Seriously, good idea you came up with!

I actually have one of these on each of my records. I can put them on and off of the turntable and not worry about fingerprints on the record!

OP clever idea though I am not so sure about the look.

You could get them engraved with the Logo of the TT manufacturer and then sell them for $19.99 plus shipping! "As seen on TV"

Fingerprints all over your dustcover " WHAT A DISASTER" I can see the ad now.
The Lazy Lifter , a great name.
........LOL.........i had the little visual commercial play in my head....................you know the ones where the people are complete 'tards".........before they get an amazing new product that even a "tard" can use.

Order right now and we'll send you 2 Lazy Lifters for 1 low price. ( just pay separate shipping and handling)

I use a soup spoon that I stole from a canteen at British Nuclear Fuels,not only is it the correct size to lift the cover,I can also cue up in the dark.

........LOL.........i had the little visual commercial play in my head....................you know the ones where the people are complete 'tards".........before they get an amazing new product that even a "tard" can use.
You sayin’ these are approved for those of us that still have an original, non-trashed XA dust cover, mister?! :biggrin:

I wish that the person I got my Dual 1229 from had seen these before they drilled two holes in the front of the dustcover and installed a cheesy drawer pull to lift it. :thumbsdown:

You have to have one on each side of the dust cover to equally distribute the weight on the Dustcover hinges . DOUBLE YOUR SALES !!!

Ran out and tried it. Fantastic! Bass much more authoritative, trebles are clear as a bell. Human voices have both a warmth and clarity they've never had before. And all this with the dust cover OFF my turntable! What an amazing tweak!
Greatly reduces unwanted wow and flutter by avoiding physical contact with the table platter too. 'I cried when I first heard the improvement.' (Mr T, Arizona).

Back
Top Bottom