Today's JAZZ playlist

NOW UP (AND FINAL FOR TONIGHT)

George Benson -- Livin' Inside Your Love -- Warner Bros. (1979)(Vinyl -- 2 Album Set w/Gatefold Cover)

Side #1: "Livin' Inside Your Love"; "Hey Girl"; "Nassau Girl"
Side #2: "Soulful Strut"; "Prelude To Fall"; "A Change Is Gonna Come (Written By Sam Cooke)"
Side #3: "Love Ballard"; "You're Never Too Far From Me"; "Love Is A Hurtin' Thing"
Side #4: "Welcome Into My World"; "Before You Go"; "Unchained Melody"

Volume Turned UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-517468-1342826168-4623.jpeg.jpg

R-517468-1238936213.jpeg.jpg

R-517468-1238936223.jpeg.jpg

R-517468-1238936232.jpeg.jpg

R-517468-1238936245.jpeg.jpg

R-517468-1238936260.jpeg.jpg

51BHaH0Zc7L.jpg

Back to the Nefertiti to Bitches Brew listening project after a short break. I only have this one in vinyl which makes getting around to listening to it a little more complicated, can't crank it up much during the wee small hours for fear of waking SWTSMBO. This is one I haven't listened to as much compared to Miles In The Sky and Filles de Kilimanjaro, especially Filles. It's a shame really because this is such a beautifully realized album full of contemplative space and shimmering sonorities. It's definitely at the head of the LP rotation for the next week or so, I'll probably dig my original issue copy of Bitches Brew out of the vinyl vault for some TT A/B comparisons as well.

And there's a Toad Hall Records in my old neighborhood in Rockford. It survived the passing of original owning couple, who really knew what was of value. I went into the place when I was in high school. So 50 years or longer. Records, comic books, posters, books. In old store front. Basement and upstairs caticombs with little headroom. Only change in fifty years is new shelves for the audio gear for sale. Step back in time.

The record stores of our youth, that would be a dangerous thread to start. Here in the Quad Cities it was a regional chain called CO-OP Records, we're down to the last one here in Moline. These days the best place for both vintage and new vinyl is a shop called Ragged Records in Davenport, IA. It's just across the river from me and it's run by one of the former managers of CO-OP.

Toad Hall (love the Wind In The Willows reference BTW) sounds like something I should check out on one of our periodic trips to Rockford, my wife's cousin and her husband now live there with one of their sons and his family and we get there 3-4 times a year.

And there's a Toad Hall Records in my old neighborhood in Rockford. It survived the passing of original owning couple, who really knew what was of value. I went into the place when I was in high school. So 50 years or longer. Records, comic books, posters, books. In old store front. Basement and upstairs caticombs with little headroom. Only change in fifty years is new shelves for the audio gear for sale. Step back in time.

In the late 60s or early 70s there was a Toad Hall near me on Sheridan Rd. In Wilmette, IL that was a high end audio equipment store. I could not afford to even go inside, they only lasted a few years. Had forgotten about that store until this reference.

Back
Top Bottom