Today's JAZZ playlist

The record stores of our youth, that would be a dangerous thread to start. Here in the Quad Cities it was a regional chain called CO-OP Records, we're down to the last one here in Moline. These days the best place for both vintage and new vinyl is a shop called Ragged Records in Davenport, IA. It's just across the river from me and it's run by one of the former managers of CO-OP.

Toad Hall (love the Wind In The Willows reference BTW) sounds like something I should check out on one of our periodic trips to Rockford, my wife's cousin and her husband now live there with one of their sons and his family and we get there 3-4 times a year.

And check out Culture Shock, the record store I previously posted about. Also has stacks of audio gear. There are a couple others also, but they don't have that 70's vibe going.
Toad Hall Records has a website with pics of the place inside and out. Neat place.

That is correct sir. They eventually went to a stamp card.

Viva el Teatro!

View attachment 1210729 View attachment 1210730 View attachment 1210731

I almost got some of that sweet neon signage when they closed, but that's another story.

One side tonight, then I'm out, unfortunately. Very long couple of days.

Now Playing: Benny Carter and Dizzy Gillespie, "Carter, Gillespie, Inc."

View attachment 1210733

GJ

Wow, those pictures bring back memories! When that place first opened, it was by far the best record store in town.

Back
Top Bottom