The $1.47 plus tax, ULTIMATE Turntable upgrade for all mankind !!!

3025692a1ca773724404e497ba1b830d.jpg

Well if you use a dustcover anyway. Head to your nearest Lowes home improvement, go to the blinds dept. and find this: Levolor part # 0334820 Roller Shade Hem Grip.
It's a 4 1/2" wide clear plastic device that slip over the edge of your dustcover. It has a lip you can grab so you can lift the dustcover without touching it. No fingerprints! View attachment 1210354 View attachment 1210355 View attachment 1210355

Yes, but how does one avoid leaving fingerprints on the grip? :)

I wish that the person I got my Dual 1229 from had seen these before they drilled two holes in the front of the dustcover and installed a cheesy drawer pull to lift it. :thumbsdown:

I hear ya. I got a little knob screwed into the center top of a Realistc LAB 440 I purchased on a whim. It's not even really in the right place, but, some bonehead thought it was a good idea.
Now, if he had known about Lazy Lifters (TM) . . . .

I hear ya. I got a little knob screwed into the center top of a Realistc LAB 440 I purchased on a whim. It's not even really in the right place, but, some bonehead thought it was a good idea.
Now, if he had known about Lazy Lifters (TM) . . . .

Hey, I have a Lab440 too, no hole in the dustcover tho. Funny you mentioned yours isn't in the right place, on mine the drawer pull is crooked.

I ended up cracking the dust cover by being a bonehead. I bought a shitty BSR for $5 for the cart and as luck would have it the dustcover is a perfect fit :banana:.

Thanks goodness for Lazy Lifters (TM), now I don't have to worry about drilling the holes in the new cover centered and level ;).

Last edited:
The Levolor handles are a good entry point to the world of DIY Dust Cover Handles. I prefer the sonic properties of the Bali ones myself, I find their blend of PVC in the plastic has a lower resonance level and they don't vibrate as much during critical listening, especially at the higher frequencies. When I am listening to really challenging music, I switch to handles that were hand-crafted from Japanese mahogany by a monk in Switzerland.

I use a soup spoon that I stole from a canteen at British Nuclear Fuels....

Pete,

since we don't have Lowes this side of the pond can you source any more of those spoons please?;)

Jim

I got a dozen of these for $2 at GW. Blue are used when listening to the Blues, Soft Rock, and Jazz.
Red are used when listening to Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Fusion, Rap.
No finger prints on the dust cover. Also useful for wiping down LP's before play.
Gloves.JPG
I take one off when I play Michael Jackson LP's

Your tweak is a very very bad idea, for several reasons.

1. It will pick up sub-harmonic frequencies like a giant wing and transfer them to the dustcover, through the hinges to the plinth, up through the motor and the platter and adversely affect the stylus, making everything sound like Justin Bieber.

2. It doesn't have a fancy boutique name, isn't handcrafted by space aliens out of materials from another galaxy and doesn't cost at least $1000.00.

FAIL

At least I can use the ones I actually bought for my Levelor blinds. For their actual intended purpose, they suck. They slip right off leaving you holding it in your hand while the blind goes Whiiiiizzzzzzzzzz BANG! Flap, flap, flap!!!

Will it make my collection of Firestone Christmas albums go Whiiiiizzzzzzzzzz BANG! Flap, flap, flap?

They don't do that now? have you tried isolating the magnetron in your microwave?

Yes, I applied the Barry manifold to the magnetron and though I get more Whiiiiizzzzzzzzzz, I may have to adjust the phenutson valve on the central chaos generator in the basement for the flap flap flap. Not sure on the BANG! Perhaps the mixmaster?

These Lazy Lifters TM are imported direct from the mid Atlantic island where the LL TM factory is located. The high oxygen content of the air penetrates the plastic and harmonises with the oxygen-free copper of HQ TM interconnects. Available in sets with the Layzee Lander TM pads which should be attached to the base of your dust cover. Limited time offer, $49.99 a set.

I got a dozen of these for $2 at GW. Blue are used when listening to the Blues, Soft Rock, and Jazz.
Red are used when listening to Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Fusion, Rap.
No finger prints on the dust cover. Also useful for wiping down LP's before play.
View attachment 1211384
I take one off when I play Michael Jackson LP's

Yes, but how does one avoid leaving fingerprints on the grip? :)

You could bundle the gloves with the Lazy Lifters.

Back
Top Bottom