The most beautiful motorcycle ever built?

NAh your all wrong the prettiest motorcycle ever made was a 1915 Cyclone not to mention in pre WWI it would do over 110mph on the board track.

Attachments

• Cyclone motorcycle.jpg
    Cyclone motorcycle.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
I gotta agree with you Sam, the R7 is a beautiful bike, and a lot of art went into it.. it was more than just a mode of transportation when they designed it. Something they weren't payin much attention to back then...

As far as the rotary bikes, While the one I posted would probably be a real bear to ride if you hit the throttle hard, since it would want to roll around the crank, I think ilooks more natural traveling down the road with the engine pointed forward like it would in a plane, as opposed to seing it from the side...

The reason I like the looks of the Rinebeck is because there was more thought to the art than the BMW, but I'd much rather ride the BMW..

Now that BRD, OH YEAH.. that was pure top notch mechanical engineering to build a hell of a performing bike..

You have to remember too.. some of us are also fans of bikes like this...

roadog_motorcycle_road_dog.jpg

Everytime I see djnagel's yellow hydro drive bike, I think of Roaddog... It's what motorcycles started as... a tinkerers toy..

One year at the annual British Motorcycle Day in Gaithersburg, Maryland, they were raffling off a motorcycle.....an early 50's Vincent.
A single raffle ticket was $20.
I couldn't hand them $20 fast enough!
'Course I didn't win the Vincent.
But for $20, I got to dream of owning one, if only for a little while.

Steve

You have to remember too.. some of us are also fans of bikes like this...

roadog_motorcycle_road_dog.jpg

Everytime I see djnagel's yellow hydro drive bike, I think of Roaddog... It's what motorcycles started as... a tinkerers toy..

That's owned by my cousin, Buzz Walneck. I've actually sat on that thing. It's like straddling a locomotive.

One year at the annual British Motorcycle Day in Gaithersburg, Maryland, they were raffling off a motorcycle.....an early 50's Vincent.
A single raffle ticket was $20.
I couldn't hand them $20 fast enough!
'Course I didn't win the Vincent.
But for $20, I got to dream of owning one, if only for a little while. I wonder what year this raffle was? I used to go to the British Motorcycle Day gathering regularly. The last few were in Clarksburg, MD.

That's owned by my cousin, Buzz Walneck. I've actually sat on that thing. It's like straddling a locomotive.
Read his article on riding it. Thought of it a proof-of-principle that just because something is possible doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom