What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Needed some new steel toed sneakers for the job, so naturally hit the CD section at Wally World while I was there. Found a couple of good ones.
The remastered Garage Days Re-Revisited by Metallica and Blackberry Smoke's latest release.
002.jpg

Hey Room,
Please remember to all those "tape heads" out there that National Audio Company will have what will probably be the last time we can ever order type II tapes. They state once this batch being made is gone, it is gone forever (I hate that word in audiophile land) There was some going on e-Bay for twice what NAC will charge. Here is a picture. I have placed a "pre-order" for 5 cases (10 count each) of the 60 minutes and another 5 case count of 10 for the 90 minutes. I figure 100 of these will last a while. I plan to use their new Type I coming out in 3 months for the majority of recordings and use these type II for so ever so special recordings.
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks Frank, I was not aware of his phono requirements but there are other receivers and integrateds that would meet his criteria and at great prices. I bought most of my gear from them and always had good service. I see that they have the matching Yamaha tuner for my system for only $179. I am debating whether if I should get it or not. It would look cool but I really do not listen to FM radio (except in the car), so I am having a hard time justifying buying it.:dunno: :whip:
It would very cool to have the tuner. I listen to a fair amount of FM at home. Classical NPR stations mostly.

View attachment 1211147
Got through about 1 minute and was still waiting for music. Never heard of it and if this is a fair representation of their work, I won't be listening further.

LOL well yea... An extended "club" mix... That says it all...... ;)

Original Track ^^

You should check out who one of there main singers was... Bell Biv Devoe was a spinn off of New Edition.

Thrift. The big Sansui is still there. 2 weeks and counting.
View attachment 1211163
And will probably stay there for this price
View attachment 1211164

When did thrift stores start using eBay to determine the value of something... Kills the entire hobby of Vintage, might as well just buy new and call it a day. I do enjoy the hunt, and don't mind paying up. Seeing a vintage receiver at a thrift store for 5 bills is a joke. They may as well close the doors and post to eBay. (I'm sure its posted).

Man, I remember just a few years ago, one could get on CL and key in "vintage JBL" and get a mix of many different good JBL speakers for $2-500 bucks. Now it seems as if everyone wants top dollar for any "vintage gear". I'm fine with it, but damn... at least know what gear you have and what the actual value of it is. It seems as if people see "vintage audio" its going to demand big bucks.

We need to start a thread on "people thinking their vintage gear is worth big bucks". I'd have many CL posts to submit. LOL

When did thrift stores start using eBay to determine the value of something... Kills the entire hobby of Vintage, might as well just buy new and call it a day. I do enjoy the hunt, and don't mind paying up. Seeing a vintage receiver at a thrift store for 5 bills is a joke. They may as well close the doors and post to eBay. (I'm sure its posted).

Man, I remember just a few years ago, one could get on CL and key in "vintage JBL" and get a mix of many different good JBL speakers for $2-500 bucks. Now it seems as if everyone wants top dollar for any "vintage gear". I'm fine with it, but damn... at least know what gear you have and what the actual value of it is. It seems as if people see "vintage audio" its going to demand big bucks.

We need to start a thread on "people thinking their vintage gear is worth big bucks". I'd have many CL posts to submit. LOL
only thing in the electronics area of the local thrifts here is a sign. i suppose it means "if we DID have electronics, this little shelf space is where the broken junk would be." occasionally there is something there, but - true to form - >90% of the time, it's broken.

It is a hospital benefit thrift with the $$ going to the local hospital and mostly older retired nurses and auxilliary women running the place.
A few years back, when the women were pricing things, there were great deals because they didn;t know.
The last year or 2 though, there are a couple of dudes who work in the back taking in donations and I believe they have this idea as "conneseurs of fine audio", whatever they aren;t taking home, they are putting these stiff prices on things.
2 years ago I spent $75 on a Shure V-15 Mk II because I had never heard one. Then I had to spend another $50 on a new needle.
It's ok, probably not the MkIII everyone says is better and I thin I paid too much even then.
Anyway, every now and then something obscurr comes through and its value slips by the guys in back.
In the case of Sansui, the name says it all. Of course it's going to get top price.
A Nikko piece comes through and you might get a deal.

Back
Top Bottom