I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

I like the watch but have never cared for NATO straps.

A bit thin and they can make your watch look a bit like a bobble head. But they are also lightweight and dry quickly. I like the blue/grey "James Bond" NATO strap. The recent Blancpain divers watch advertisement shows their watch with a solid blue NATO strap.

I don't love cheaper bracelets and I work around oil and cutting coolant so leather is out.

I'm not a huge fan of the NATO type straps but they are definitely the right choice or my work environment.

I don't love cheaper bracelets and I work around oil and cutting coolant so leather is out.

I'm not a huge fan of the NATO type straps but they are definitely the right choice or my work environment.

Try heavy mesh. No strap ends hanging around and one can get a perfect fit and they are tough as nails......and they actually breath better NATO straps.

35241512_1935009359852335_6110894230551396352_o.jpg

Try heavy mesh. No strap ends hanging around and one can get a perfect fit and they are tough as nails......and they actually breath better NATO straps.

35241512_1935009359852335_6110894230551396352_o.jpg

One of the job-setters here is a watch guy and has several Seikos and Citizens with bracelets that look like that. Maybe I'll give one a try.

What brand is that one?

One of the job-setters here is a watch guy and has several Seikos and Citizens with bracelets that look like that. Maybe I'll give one a try.

What brand is that one?

They are generic unbranded ones off of eBay like the one linked above. I have had great luck with any of the heavy ones from eBay as long as they are about $6+. The thinner mesh looks good on dress watches. I dont even wear leather straps anymore; Itis either bracelets or mesh straps.

Even the gold ones look pretty good. The bracelet that came with my wife's Orient was dog crap, so I got a gold mesh for it for about $8.

35266404_1935374223149182_4552327697790926848_n.jpg

If I'm not working, I prefer good bracelets or worn-feeling flexible leather. I actually have three nice leather straps that are Fossil branded that are very nice but they only come in brown and in 22mm.

In fact, my best watch is on one right now. $4,500 (used Omega) watch on a $22 strap and I get more compliments on the strap than the watch!

I really can't believe how shoddy the bracelets are that come on many sub-$400 Orient/Seiko/Citizen watches are. Many $100 Relic and Fossil watches come with nicer bracelets.

I will definitely order a couple of those mesh jobbies and check them out. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
If I'm not working, I prefer good bracelets or worn-feeling flexible leather. I actually have three nice leather straps that are Fossil branded that are very nice but they only come in brown and in 22mm.

In fact, my best watch is on one right now. $4,500 (used Omega) watch on a $22 strap and I get more compliments on the strap than the watch!

I really can't and believe how shoddy the bracelets are that come on many sub-$400 Orient/Seiko/Citizen watches are. Many $100 Relic and Fossil watches come with nicer bracelets.

I will definitely order a couple of those mesh jobbies and chem them out. Thanks for the tip.

The Jubilee that came on my Seiko 007 diver was a nice one with solid links, but the 5s come with hollow links and are not very nice. I was surprised at the solid link Invicta oysters, they are actually superb in many ways. I have got a few VERY nice oyster style bracelets from eBay UNDER $25. Some of the nicest ones came direct from China in just a week or so.

The Jubilee that came on my Seiko 007 diver was a nice one with solid links, but the 5s come with hollow links and are not very nice. I was surprised at the solid link Invicta oysters, they are actually superb in many ways. I have got a few VERY nice oyster style bracelets from eBay UNDER $25. Some of the nicest ones came direct from China in just a week or so.

Invicta bracelets are S O L I D MoFos lol. Many of my watches weigh more than a lb.

Out to dinner so wearing my Invicta Venom Elegant.
15289321193231319312990.jpg

I have a couple Invictas. Both are Submariner types. The 'Grand' something model has a very nice bracelet. Nicer than my Omega in some ways. Radically nicer than either of my Orient bracelets.

Arrrggg, these watches keep cutting into my electronics budget lol. So, I get home tonight and there's a sale on limited edition Marvel watches. The Iron Man are the hardest to get, they sell out fast so I grabbed three, along with one Punisher, so I Guess I got some of my Christmas shopping done early.

Some screen shots, these don't do the watches justice.

Screenshot_20180613-211635.png Screenshot_20180613-211615.png

I really can't and believe how shoddy the bracelets are that come on many sub-$400 Orient/Seiko/Citizen watches are. Many $100 Relic and Fossil watches come with nicer bracelets.

I have the same deal with my Speedy reduced, "Where did you get that watch band?" LOL

I bought this one bandless and just threw a $12 NATO on it.

IMG_0466.jpg

My only diver is one of the Invicta pro-divers which is another cheapy that comes with a pretty solid bracelet.

Agreed, the Seiko bracelets on their sub $300 are pretty flimsy. Even my old Pogue I had to buy an Uncle Seiko H band. Much more solid.

Last edited:
Invicta pro-divers which is another cheapy that comes with a pretty solid bracelet.

I have had a lot of the Pro Divers (now down to one) and my wife has a few of the smaller ones and every single bracelet is simply superb in the price range. One has to spend at least $500 to get something better and that is just usually the latch part.

G-Shocks can be pricey for sure, they are tough as nails however. Look at what most cops wear.....

Back
Top Bottom