My Sansui 881 Receiver

milo63

Everett, WA
Subscriber
i was going to ask for help, my FM and Phono work on both channels but the AUX is good an one side and just line signal on the other.
When I jiggle the RCA jacks it comes back....I feel so smart.

Now I just have to figure out how to access the back of the inputs to re-secure the unsecured.

Needs faceplate glass and some lights, should be a fun project.

#worthless without pics

42743493401_600bc64762_b.jpg

Very nice receiver you have there, l have wanted one for a fair while. Yes should be a fun project, as you say looks like time for new filter caps.

I know you will love it. I have one and its a often overlooked model. I think for at least for my ears its one of the best sounding Sansuis I have had or currently have. I sadly am pretty naive as to how to fix all but the simplest issues. I did just change out my dial lamps as I had one out but other than cleanings and the obvious in my face issues I am afraid I have a friend whom is a guru. I did bring mine out for some play in the last week and its been singing ever since.
Please keep me posted as to your progress!

No BOM for the 881? How does one make a BOM? The variables are daunting.

If you can't find a parts list here just go through the unit and make up your own list, (also some of the values in the service manual may be incorrect). This is what l normally do and it doesn't take long at all. When you have your list then you can use whatever capacitors/transistors etc you feel most comfortable with.

This thread may be useful.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-881-recap-list.641535/

If you can't find a parts list here just go through the unit and make up your own list, (also some of the values in the service manual may be incorrect). This is what l normally do and it doesn't take long at all. When you have your list then you can use whatever capacitors/transistors etc you feel most comfortable with.

This thread may be useful.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-881-recap-list.641535/

Thank you, you're a better searcher than I.

One of these big filters is toast. Guess which one...
41845164705_f31169380f_b.jpg

It vented. All over the by-pass resistor. Note the splatters on the chassis.

One of these big filters is toast. Guess which one...
41845164705_f31169380f_b.jpg

It vented. All over the by-pass resistor. Note the splatters on the chassis.
I would go with MOX to replace those carbon composite resistors.The lead is probably corroded on that RH one.. Metal oxide mox.

Near perfect, I figured if the outside looks good. any malevolence that lurks inside can be fixed.
It didn't splatter,drip or puddle on the covers interior ? Super.. The mess is just whats in the photo.

Either one. Its your project.

But I'm here because of the priceless advice I get for the cost of a subscription. As it's just a bleed off I figured a resistor was a resistor.

Thank you.

BTW, USAF 462 (loader) 1982-1986. I LOVED my 2+ years on Okinawa.

BTW, USAF 462 (loader) 1982-1986. I LOVED my 2+ years on Okinawa.

Thank you for your service...Metal film will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom