Equipment Acquisitions Influenced By AK Membership

You guys are welcome any time, but you’ll have to come north! I bought a piece of the family compound on a hill between the Gasconade and Piney rivers in Missouri. Should have things unpacked and squared away for company by the time Christine retires.

I missed this. Did you gain in listening space (not physically, SQ-wise) with the move?

My entire eWave adventure of at least 6 pairs of speakers, eventually ending in a pair of DIY JBL M2 clones, was totally the result of AK and Zilch in particular.

What are some of your best additions to your thundering herd acquired under the influence (of AK)?
While I haven't been influenced by much around here I did buy a couple of things and so far still have them even though they are not used right now.

Eric aka @captouch sold me a pair of IMF RSPM Mk. IV speakers and he's local to me and over all the time. I haven't used them in years but maybe some day soon they need to come out again.

Al aka Awise sold me a Coph Nia phono stage long ago, haven't seen him in years on the site.

Or, have you made any local AK friend(s) that visit(s) for listening sessions?
Yep I have visitors all the time, not to much listening though as we end up talking more.

AKer dcmfan drove up from the DFW area to help me recap, reseal and brace them - a kindness I shall never forget because it's about a 4-hr drive one-way. Just a prince of a guy.

Mike aka @dcmfan is a guy that will give the shirt off his back for you just so he can help you out. He did one of those drives for me also so he could pickup and pack a Michell Gyro SE turntable and send it to me. He expedited it all flawlessly and I'm indented.

But really I haven't been influenced by anyone around here to buy anything for my system. I'm the type that buys and tries without any questions.

However I know I have sold some of my stuff and single handedly influenced quite a few members. If I put a price on what I know of, I think I have influenced members spending at least $30,000 or more. That I am very proud of doing because for the most part while lighter in the wallet they have all been very happy for the move.

I just had Craig aka @GearHead454 down from Oregon to pick up my JBL 250TIs. Again we didn't do much listening with all the talking going on...:p

Last edited:
I missed this. Did you gain in listening space (not physically, SQ-wise) with the move?

Yeah, I gained both - dedicated listening room with high ceilings- sounds great! I’ve put myself on probation from buying any new gear for a while, but am plotting a couple of upgrades for next year.

I'll claim I found the same rig for $10 if it helps.

But all he really need do is change the subject to ladies' shoes and handbags if she questions the issue.
Honey did you loose weight, those pants you have on are faltering. ;)

Yeah,
A lot of talking for sure Dan. Really enjoy sharing stories. Too bad the visit was short. Hearing 500 wpc into to 250 Ti's was a real experience! Had to have a tooth filling reset cause the bass response under the 500 wpc influence. Ha ha.

Yeah,
A lot of talking for sure Dan. Really enjoy sharing stories. Too bad the visit was short. Hearing 500 wpc into to 250 Ti's was a real experience! Had to have a tooth filling reset cause the bass response under the 500 wpc influence. Ha ha.

Yep, that has often been my experience, as well, when enthusiasts get together for a listening session. Either way, it was always fun.

Back
Top Bottom