What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Wow!
That's a stop you dead in your tracks turntable. Just beautiful.
thanks Delmarva! It sounded so sweet when I first got it and it was working. Never had a moving coil set up so it wet my appetite. The right channel went out and the tone arm is not tracking well at all. It needs some TLC no doubt, but I think well worth a 5 hour round trip drive and some $ spenditure. I see them going for $750 to $950 on e-Bay. This one is in nice cosmetic shape. Once repaired, should go another 40 years. The man offered to sell it to me for $100. I asked him why he wanted to sell it (he was original owner and has all his gear from the teenage years such as a pair of Carver M-400). He answered that he wanted some money to spend on his boys (he was going through a divorce at the time). I literally could not accept paying him his asking price of $100 . So I gave him $400. I thought that to still be a song and dance.

Watching the F-35 flying very low around my area of very high rise buildings in Toronto last September during the air show was amazing. The turning ability and acceleration was stunning and I'm sure the pilot was doing about 10% of what it is capable of

During my career I spent so much time around aircraft I rarely notice them anymore. The sound of jet engines were a constant.

High End Record Cleaning System,
Heresy on this one? Possibly can be perceived that way, but not. This is my 1980 Denon DP-60L . I purchased it from the original owner (co-worker) for a song and dance. It was working when I got it but is down for the count at the moment. It even has the original step up amp and moving coil Denon Cartridge that came with the table. It is on the list to go the 5.0 round trip to Roanoke as the service tech I discovered there specializes in restoral of turntables. He assured me he could get her back to fine form. In the mean time? It serves as my table when cleaning records. I prefer to clean the record on the direct drive instead of the belt driven turntables. Again, maybe heresy to use as a record cleaner, but she will be back on track down the road and, until then, at least gets powered on engines revved a bit. Albums are housed in an Austin Tx Sound Warehouse Crates. This is A to ?. The ? to Z in other places around the home. View attachment 1211351
That Denon a sweet looking rig. Like something belongs in Star Trek. The Enterprise lounge sound system yea.

Yes I remember seeing one of those rare birds at one of the air shows here too
It's said the Raptor is "too expensive". I think the stuff they have now has trick control surface thrusters and stuff.
I wouldn;t be surprised if there's some gyro stabilized antigrav going on in todays planes.
But its true the Raptor just never "caught on" I guess or is used fairly infrequently.
And then the B-2. flying wing. I'm sure that has trick tech in it besides just "radar invisibility", akakak... they still use radar..

220px-Copperhead_road.jpg

It's said the Raptor is "too expensive". I think the stuff they have now has trick control surface thrusters and stuff.
I wouldn;t be surprised if there's some gyro stabilized antigrav going on in todays planes.
But its true the Raptor just never "caught on" I guess or is used fairly infrequently.
And then the B-2. flying wing. I'm sure that has trick tech in it besides just "radar invisibility", akakak... they still use radar..

And your hearing survived the "whine" to hear good sound! :thumbsup:

I always wore my hearing protection.....I may have bee young but not dumb.

And you probably would be a bit surprised at what is in the "new" military aircraft.

Got to love youtube. Left the Lucifers Friend just go and this just came on

I love Sad Wings Of Destiny and these 2 songs but Halford with long hair and Downing with a straw hat on is priceless

I may be wrong on this one as going by memory. I believe this LP was produced by Roger Glover of Deep Purple when he decided to "spread his wings" and try a run at producing LP's. I think it worked for everybody.

Back
Top Bottom