What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

:thumbsup:
016.jpg
:thumbsup: its the most i've turned up the volume in a long time this album :rockon: Some great riffs in here.

Table 2.JPG table 3.JPG The Denon is my PD , but my Pioneer is my PL (PL115-D). She has been my constant for 41 years since I bought her brand new for a whopping $149.99 in 1977. This table is pretty special to me and currently spins the majority of my vinyl. I do have several tables, but this was my "first" and still is my comfort zone. She is not the "model" that is the Denon. However, this plain Jane has proven to be the most faithful, dependable and lovable of all my tables. Table 1.JPG

Crank up the volume...:biggrin::thumbsup:

I've always wondered how much it cost in fuel for a training flight in one of those amazing jets. I remember back in the mid 80's in North Wales you would be in some remote valley in Snowdonia with nothing but the sound of sheep a la Pink Floyd when an RAF Tornado would come screaming through 50 feet above scaring the hell out of you

Last edited:
The other new purchase from today's Walmart visit.
(I don't care what anyone says, I love Walmart)
I might as well set this to repeat mode. It's some of the most intense metal ever recorded, and it just builds and builds during it's 24 minutes.
My original press vinyl looms in the background and nods approvingly of the new remaster.

Metallica ~ The $5.98 EP Garage Days Re-Revisited
1987/re2018 Blackened BLCKND036R-3

https://www.discogs.com/Metallica-The-598-EP-Garage-Days-Re-Revisited/master/6529
011.jpg

Darn,
The previous post I made tonight in regards to spinning the 1966 release of "the 50 guitars of tommy Garrett" is pretty sweet. Tommy Tedesco is quite the guitar player. I remember seeing his guitar lessons for years on the guitar magazines. This is my first spin with this LP. In March 2017, my oldest sister and brother in law stopped by while driving back home on a road trip. He had a box of vinyl for me. I guess, at 68, he is going through that "purge" phase and giving away stuff he doesn't use anymore. I really tried to talk him into keeping the vinyl and starting to spin it again (I really did! as I would preference that). However, he was adamant on he was going to get rid of them. So I accepted and am going through them all in alphabetical order to filter them into my collection. His tastes were different than mine (he was no rocker). I would not have liked his collection back in the day, but I sure do now that I have aged and can appreciate diversity. I will play anything on vinyl someone hands me today. So, this LP would not be something I would seek out, but it sure was a pleasant surprise. Yes, he did actually have ELP Trilogy in the mix. That was the first LP spun (see I do LOVE ELP!) However, the sleeper find were the 14 Neil Diamond Albums. Yes, I know Neil Diamond but actually listening to 14 albums opened my eyes as I really enjoyed that run.

View attachment 1211401 View attachment 1211402 The Denon is my PD , but my Pioneer is my PL (PL115-D). She has been my constant for 41 years since I bought her brand new for a whopping $149.99 in 1977. This table is pretty special to me and currently spins the majority of my vinyl. I do have several tables, but this was my "first" and still is my comfort zone. She is not the "model" that is the Denon. However, this plain Jane has proven to be the most faithful, dependable and lovable of all my tables. View attachment 1211400

Like the story. I got my 1st PL from an older guy just down the street bought it new 1977.
Built a new plinth for it but the stock running gear is seemingly bulletproof and sounds good.
But HOW do you keep it from skipping? They are touchy as a feather on wood floors.
Had to build a shelf just for the PL 115 to stop needle bounce.
pioneer pl115d.JPG

It's said the Raptor is "too expensive". I think the stuff they have now has trick control surface thrusters and stuff.
I wouldn;t be surprised if there's some gyro stabilized antigrav going on in todays planes.
But its true the Raptor just never "caught on" I guess or is used fairly infrequently.
And then the B-2. flying wing. I'm sure that has trick tech in it besides just "radar invisibility", akakak... they still use radar..
Incorrect. The Raptor did catch on. It is so good, one can take down five F15E's before the E's even know what happened. Therefore, instead of building 800, they built 198. Yes, they are expensive though. EDIT: Also, the F35 is a piece of crap. The Navy wants an F14, 6th or likely, 7th generation version.

EDIT: Also, there are plans in the works to come out with a revised even better version of the F22.

Last edited:
I've always wondered how much it cost in fuel for a training flight in one of those amazing jets. I remember back in the early 80's in North Wales you would be in some remote valley in Snowdonia with nothing but the sound of sheep a la Pink Floyd when an RAF Tornado would come screaming through 50 feet above scaring the hell out of you
A lot....When there not flying the mach loop . They are probably rendezvousing with a KC-135 tanker.

Like the story. I got my 1st PL from an older guy just down the street bought it new 1977.
Built a new plinth for it but the stock running gear is seemingly bulletproof and sounds good.
But HOW do you keep it from skipping? They are touchy as a feather on wood floors.
Had to build a shelf just for the PL 115 to stop needle bounce.
View attachment 1211418

SWEET 432HzBob!
I love that you too have one of these so underrated tables. To ben honest, mine has never been set up via a wooden floor room so I can't say how it has performed in that type of floor. I do know the set up I have now is working well. It tracks very well. Yes, it can skip if one walks around the room with a heavy foot. But on the flip side, I really don't have to tip - toe either. I keep my tracking and anti-skate set @ 1.75 grams with this Ortofon 2M Red. I have read on the pioneer threads that some have "stiffened" the suspension due to the issue you speak of. I actually liked that this cheap table has a good suspension system, as it set it apart from similar units back in 1977. I really love the craftsmanship of your PL-115D. I looks very nice.

Back
Top Bottom