What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The thrifts have lots of good tapes lately.

Modern Jazz Quartet, Blues on Bach

John Lewis, piano and harpsichord
Milt Jackson, vibraharp
Percy Heath, bass
Connie Kay, drums and percussion

Atlantic CS 1652, 1974

View attachment 1211425 View attachment 1211426
Love the tape and the gear JRhoBurton!
Nice deck from the pic. Not sure if you like to use it for recording or if you just play pre-recorded. If you do record, you may want to check out my previous posts in regards to National Audio Company making another run with their Type II Chrome tape. When cassettes were going south, NAC purchased about everyone's cassette equipment as they saw it would never really go away. They made tapes for religious tapes, books on tape etc. Well, now that Cassettes are coming back, they do make a nice Type I tape for great price ($13 bucks for a case of 10) . They are coming out with, in 3 to 4 months, what they say will be the hottest Type I tape ever made by anyone. I can't wait! But they also bought out BASF's remaining pancake reels of BASF Chrome Type II. They are making another run now and will be available for shipment in July. The website still shows them as "out of stock" but I pre-ordered 10 cases (5 each of the 60 minutes and 90 Minutes) . They say this will be the last and final run of the type II. Unless cassettes really come back in droves of millions, I truly believe this is going to literally be the last time one can buy type II Chrome tape (other than e-bay New Old stock, but that won't be around forever either). So I am getting the 10 cases to use for very special recordings over the next (35 years? or whenever death occurs) I am currently using their type I Audio Pro tapes which I think are much better then the Maxell UR that is all that is left. So I can't wait also for their new type I high end tapes coming out. I will use them for the majority of recordings and the type II for that very occasional record. I am trying to position myself to enjoy vintage audio for years to come and this focus is to ensure I keep the cassette option in the loop. Check out the posts and their website. !

LOL well yea... An extended "club" mix... That says it all...... ;)

Original Track ^^

You should check out who one of there main singers was... Bell Biv Devoe was a spinn off of New Edition.
Gave it an honest listen. Hate it. I just don't like hip hop canned drums and foul mouthed lyrics. The singers could be something of they had something to work with. As always, jmho,ymmv.

Darn,
The previous post I made tonight in regards to spinning the 1966 release of "the 50 guitars of tommy Garrett" is pretty sweet. Tommy Tedesco is quite the guitar player. I remember seeing his guitar lessons for years on the guitar magazines. This is my first spin with this LP. In March 2017, my oldest sister and brother in law stopped by while driving back home on a road trip. He had a box of vinyl for me. I guess, at 68, he is going through that "purge" phase and giving away stuff he doesn't use anymore. I really tried to talk him into keeping the vinyl and starting to spin it again (I really did! as I would preference that). However, he was adamant on he was going to get rid of them. So I accepted and am going through them all in alphabetical order to filter them into my collection. His tastes were different than mine (he was no rocker). I would not have liked his collection back in the day, but I sure do now that I have aged and can appreciate diversity. I will play anything on vinyl someone hands me today. So, this LP would not be something I would seek out, but it sure was a pleasant surprise. Yes, he did actually have ELP Trilogy in the mix. That was the first LP spun (see I do LOVE ELP!) However, the sleeper find were the 14 Neil Diamond Albums. Yes, I know Neil Diamond but actually listening to 14 albums opened my eyes as I really enjoyed that run.
Caught that in your post. You are forgiven, not that you were ever in need of forgiveness.
Show me that ELP - Trilogy one of these days. I love seeing all the real stuff and I collect it all in a little folder on the pc marked ELP.
Blitz's MOFI GOLD copy of Trilogy...nuff said. :thumbsup:
ELP_Trilogy_MFSL_-_CD1_1.jpg

Caught that in your post. You are forgiven, not that you were ever in need of forgiveness.
Show me that ELP - Trilogy one of these days. I love seeing all the real stuff and I collect it all in a little folder on the pc marked ELP.
Blitz's MOFI GOLD copy of Trilogy...nuff said. :thumbsup:
ELP_Trilogy_MFSL_-_CD1_1.jpg
LOL Thanks!
The pics are coming here shortly, getting them ready now. This one has a sticker on the back I'll get a close up off

Love the tape and the gear JRhoBurton!
Nice deck from the pic. Not sure if you like to use it for recording or if you just play pre-recorded. If you do record, you may want to check out my previous posts in regards to National Audio Company making another run with their Type II Chrome tape. When cassettes were going south, NAC purchased about everyone's cassette equipment as they saw it would never really go away. They made tapes for religious tapes, books on tape etc. Well, now that Cassettes are coming back, they do make a nice Type I tape for great price ($13 bucks for a case of 10) . They are coming out with, in 3 to 4 months, what they say will be the hottest Type I tape ever made by anyone. I can't wait! But they also bought out BASF's remaining pancake reels of BASF Chrome Type II. They are making another run now and will be available for shipment in July. The website still shows them as "out of stock" but I pre-ordered 10 cases (5 each of the 60 minutes and 90 Minutes) . They say this will be the last and final run of the type II. Unless cassettes really come back in droves of millions, I truly believe this is going to literally be the last time one can buy type II Chrome tape (other than e-bay New Old stock, but that won't be around forever either). So I am getting the 10 cases to use for very special recordings over the next (35 years? or whenever death occurs) I am currently using their type I Audio Pro tapes which I think are much better then the Maxell UR that is all that is left. So I can't wait also for their new type I high end tapes coming out. I will use them for the majority of recordings and the type II for that very occasional record. I am trying to position myself to enjoy vintage audio for years to come and this focus is to ensure I keep the cassette option in the loop. Check out the posts and their website. !
Thanks for the tips, good info.

I record quite a bit on reel, but for cassettes there are some "dependencies". I have a big box of these and similar...

rps20180613_214732.jpg ...most of which I got at good prices on Bartertown. I am saving these for a car cassette unit I have that needs a car. I really should just go ahead and install it in the Kia for now, but it sure would be nice if a '67 Camaro fell from heaven.

As stated earlier,
When my Brother in Law handed me a box of LP's, I dove into checking them all out. The first LP spun from these new LP's to my collection was ELP's Trilogy. I could not believe my Brother in law would have such a great LP. There were a lot of Barbara S. , Neil Diamond, soft rock stuff. All good to have no doubt. Here are the pics of ELP. he evidently bought it from a record club.ELP.JPG ELP Inner Jacket.JPG ELP back Cover.JPG

Thanks for the tips, good info.

I record quite a bit on reel, but for cassettes there are some "dependencies". I have a big box of these and similar...

View attachment 1211443 ...most of which I got at good prices on Bartertown. I am saving these for a car cassette unit I have that needs a car. I really should just go ahead and install it in the Kia for now, but it sure would be nice if a '67 Camaro fell from heaven.
Cool,
Yes, I have some stock of the Maxell's also. They were the best back in the day. I actually bought my first Reel Deck 8 months ago from a seller in California that rebuilt the deck inside and out. It is superb, flawless, works like new. So I invested in some NOS of Maxell Reel Tapes, some NOS and some used but in fine form. I also found that there are options for purchasing New Reel Tape also from NAS so I have purchases 4 reels from them. I must say, the recordings match the original source. I know from my research that the 10.5 reel decks are better than my RT-707 due to they can record at 15 IPS as mine is 7.5IPS. However, I am quite satisfied with my RT707 and the quality of the tapes. I also love the mechanical side of these decks. I may be showing my 15 year old side, but I Love the meters , the reels going round and round LOL. It is just a fun experience to use and record on this deck. I also recently purchased a Pioneer CT-F8282 and a Pioneer CT-F700 Cassette Decks. They are pretty darn close to the RT-707. Not exactly , but they record close enough to be quite happy with the quality of those cassette decks.

going to close the night with pictures of the "new for me" vintage Pioneer decks. CT-F8282 / CT-F700 and the infamous RT-707. Getting them ready now to send. I am 30 minutes into my birthday LOL No better way to mark another spin around the sun on this planet earth than sharing pictures of my toys I love so much!

Back
Top Bottom