Omron g2z-2229-us relay

z-adamson

Addicted Member
Used in many Sansui devices.

I am in need of several of these and cant find them on Mouser.

I saw some older threads (years old) with folks talking about how they are impossible to find.

Is there any source for them these days or is making your own or bypassing them still the only option?

Used in many Sansui devices.

I am in need of several of these and cant find them on Mouser.

I saw some older threads (years old) with folks talking about how they are impossible to find.

Is there any source for them these days or is making your own or bypassing them still the only option?
What model sansui ? Do you have a pin out footprint ?

No...... Why didn't you say protection in the first post ?

MY2 , LY2 , HC2 or HL2 are pretty common in japanese units. You still didn't say any particular model.

OK I didn't see it.. That is a strange pin out. The ones I mentioned above are a no-go.

I see a very similar relay for sale on ebay - but the type number is Omron G2Z-222P

s-l1600.jpg

However this is mounted on a PCB adapter because it needs its native footprint changed - and is roughly 10 times the cost of a relay alone.

On the face of it, it seems an odd choice for a speaker relay - a check in the SM confirms it is correct - it does seem too small to me.

Last edited:
You might try messaging Omron directly. I did that last year trying to find relay #G2R-2232P-V from a AU-G77X and they got back pretty quick with a modern cross reference that was available at Mouser.

You might try messaging Omron directly. I did that last year trying to find relay #G2R-2232P-V from a AU-G77X and they got back pretty quick with a modern cross reference that was available at Mouser.
Good idea. I had not considered trying that. How did you contact them? Anyone in particular?

So, I am wondering.......

What exactly is this relay protecting?

Does it open the circuit when there is high DC offset? Does it prevent someone from engaging A, B and C speakers all at once?

What is the job of this relay?

It's probably the speaker protection relay. It blocks DC voltage in the event of an amplifier failure.

- Pete

It's probably the speaker protection relay. It blocks DC voltage in the event of an amplifier failure.

- Pete
So this means that I could bypass this relay and come up with my own fuse type system for speaker protection if I really wanted to.........right?

Back
Top Bottom