Today's JAZZ playlist

Well i can see/hear what my next music purchase is...smooth as with JD Allen..thank you BB...:thumbsup:

My pleasure. That's a stellar new album by JD Allen. Glad you enjoyed it.

Amazon doesn't officially release that album until tomorrow, yet it's already on Apple Music (where I listened) and on Youtube and probably all other music streaming sources. Wow. Technology is really amazing.

My pleasure. That's a stellar new album by JD Allen. Glad you enjoyed it.

Amazon doesn't officially release that album until tomorrow, yet it's already on Apple Music (where I listened) and on Youtube and probably all other music streaming sources. Wow. Technology is really amazing.
Well the big decision then is what to buy...Vinyl and/or CD...?!?...:idea:

Well the big decision then is what to buy...Vinyl and/or CD...?!?...:idea:

I know. I'm going for Vinyl (if I can find it). My reasoning is that I can get the DIGITAL version via Apple Music, or Youtube Music, or Amazon Prime Music or Google Play Music. I have too many sources, actually. And one of my friends will no doubt burn it to FLAC.

I'm a fan of feeding the musician and this album (IMO) is worth contributing to the musician's funds. I have to find it in Vinyl FIRST. Amazon is only shipping the CD starting tomorrow. If I can't find Vinyl, I will buy the CD, to help feed the musician. I'll start looking for it in Vinyl tomorrow morning. If you find a Vinyl source that will ship to the US Mainland or to Hawaii, please let me know.

I know. I'm going for Vinyl (if I can find it). My reasoning is that I can get the DIGITAL version via Apple Music, or Youtube Music, or Amazon Prime Music or Google Play Music. I have too many sources, actually. And one of my friends will no doubt burn it to FLAC.

I'm a fan of feeding the musician and this album (IMO) is worth contributing to the musician's funds. I have to find it in Vinyl FIRST. Amazon is only shipping the CD starting tomorrow. If I can't find Vinyl, I will buy the CD, to help feed the musician. I'll start looking for it in Vinyl tomorrow morning. If you find a Vinyl source that will ship to the US Mainland or to Hawaii, please let me know.
The search is on...:thumbsup:

In my opinion...:eek::biggrin:

One of the finest pieces of Jazz music i have ever had the pleasure to listen to...even after repeated listenings it's opening bars...so familiar now...can still manage to raise the hairs on the back of my neck in anticipation...sublime...:hug:

Freddie 'KO' Hubbard at the top of his game...just like the rest of the group...artists fashioning/creating beauty together is so breath taking...just brings a hint of a tear to one's eye in humble appreciation...:bowdown:

Oliver Nelson Septet - Stolen Moments (1961)

Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet), Eric Dolphy (alto sax, flute), Oliver Nelson (tenor sax, arrange), George Barrow (baritone saxophone), Bill Evans (piano), Paul Chambers (bass), Roy Haynes (drums)

from the album 'THE BLUES AND THE ABSTRACT TRUTH' (Impulse! Records)

Hey, my fellow Jazz Cats, found a Peggy Lee, June Christy, Dakota Staton, albums today at GW! Hope to be spinnimg those tomorrow!

OK, now THIS is a weird coincidence. I just glanced at Apple Music and THIS IS WHAT IT RECOMMENDED;

June Christy - Ballads for Night People.

I mean, WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS? Too funny, Steve. Well, I'm taking Apple Music's advice and playing it.

June Christy - Ballads for Night People (via Apple Music)

IMG_20180614_223416.jpg

OK, now THIS is a weird coincidence. I just glanced at Apple Music and THIS IS WHAT IT RECOMMENDED;

June Christy - Ballads for Night People.

I mean, WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS? Too funny, Steve. Well, I'm taking Apple Music's advice and playing it.

June Christy - Ballads for Night People (via Apple Music)

IMG_20180614_223416.jpg

That's so cool, Billy! :thumbsup: I don't have that June Christy album, would love to find that one!

Last edited:
Congrats, Steve. I love Peggy Lee. And June Christy? Score! :) Plust a Dakota Staton? That's a FEMALE JAZZ VOCALIST TRIFECTA! I'd bet on that! ;)

I'll look for those posts here tomorrow. I plan on spending the entire day immersed in Jazz.

Yeah, I'm a big Peggy Lee fan, so is Gannon! June Christy & Dakota Staton I discovered not many years ago. They both have great voices!

Great, I'll be seeing you tomorrow on the playlist! :thumbsup:

Have to wash some albums first tomorrow, before I start my spins. Just washed a full big rack of albums a few days ago! This time not as many. Moving those Jazz Gals to the front of rack so they get played first! ;) I cherish the days I can spin stuff! :music:

Sleeping out on the patio tonight. It's going down to 72 here so I'm playing an Apple Music "Late Night Jazz" playlist.

G'night all.

268x268cc.jpg

12 Songs

EDITORS’ NOTES

Some jazz just sounds better in the wee small hours of the morning. These classic and contemporary jazz cuts feature legends like Miles, Mulligan and Sinatra hobnobbing with contemporary masters like Dianne Reeves to create a luxurious, sultry soundtrack for whatever your late night entails…

Late Night Jazz
Apple Music Jazz

Back
Top Bottom