"Hell On Wheels"...what think you of this TV series?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
Used "search" to see if it was been already covered...but couldn't find it.

I know "HOW's" had been going for some time, and for a few seasons, but wanted to see what others thought of this western-type of TV series that was build on the creation of the railroad through the west in the 1800's.

Personally, I think it's a great series, but that's just me.

Q

Binge the new seasons as they come out on Amazon or Netflix. Great show

I haven't seen a good western series on TV since Bonanza.

Which network is this one on?

I catch it on the "Native Channel". Not sure if it's on NETFLIX yet?

It's character driven, with features not only the main dude, but others in the cast.

The plot is varied as well, and the attention to time period detail is great!

The protagonist sometimes loses in his fights, and has really bad days which adds to the realism of the production.

Q

Its an AMC series. Its either on Amazon or Netflix, thats all I have for streaming video.

I catch it on the "Native Channel". Not sure if it's on NETFLIX yet?

It's character driven, with features not only the main dude, but others in the cast.

The plot is varied as well, and the attention to time period detail is great!

The protagonist sometimes loses in his fights, and has really bad days which adds to the realism of the production.

Q
Thanks, I'll see if I can find it on either of my streaming services.

For sure!

I, like you came late into the "HOW" scene, so have lots to catch up on.

It's best described as character/personality driven, in which you really get to know the people on board, and they aren't the typical two dimensional, "cardboard-types".

Get back to me after a few viewings.

Q

Last edited:
Just caught the "Bleeding Kansas" a 2014 episode and was a difficult one to view. One of the most graphic event of a leg amputations I've ever taken in, much more so than what "Dances With Wolves" similar scene offered. It was intense and realistic!

Another plus, the realism that "Hell On Wheels" offers.

Q

Back
Top Bottom