GOLIATH (Amazon Prime)

soundmotor

super modified
It just popped up on Amazon a couple weeks ago. Had not heard a peep about it. Only 8 eps, halfway through, and need to slow down. Billy Bob Thornton plays a rock-bottom attorney that stumbled onto a big case. A really BIG case. William Hurt plays the head of the opposing law firm and both of them have their teeth into the roles. Most definitely Grishamesque and if you are a fan of that genre this one hits the mark. Really great stuff, hoping for a 2nd season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_(TV_series)

img_8082.jpg

Finished it last night, superb. BBT is great in the role. It never hit me before but he is very much like Harry Dean Stanton, another favorite.

No word yet if there will be a 2nd season. I sure hope so, this one has terrific writing & acting. William Hurt is absolutely loathsome.

A second season is forthcoming. I will have to check this out. Thanks for posting.

Watched first two episodes of season two last night. I’m already a little confused but BBT and the rest of the cast are doing a fine job. His character really doesn’t like it when the little guy gets screwed.

second season as well, I've also watched 2 episodes so far, and ya, confused. Couldn't quite follow all of it.

I do like it tho.

Watched first two episodes of season two last night. I’m already a little confused but BBT and the rest of the cast are doing a fine job. His character really doesn’t like it when the little guy gets screwed.

Will likely watch the last 2 episodes of S1 to get grounded. Usually do this when there are long gaps between seasons.

binge watched seasons 1 & 2...loved it..hope there will be a third season someday...very LA vibe.

Tried to find this on Roku/Amazon yesterday with no luck. Technical difficulties? Amazon makes it too hard to find specific shows IMHO.

BTW, Edward J. Pei, the Cinematographer does a fantastic job on the second season.

I need to go back and watch the first season again to see if it is as wonderful as the new stuff.

I watched the first season and really enjoyed it. I just watched the first two episodes of the second season. I know it's make believe but... How can a guy get tangled up in two enormous conspiracies? I guess in movies and TV shows you just can't think about it. Don't get me wrong, I still like the show.

Just finished the 2nd season.

I'm not going to post spoiler details, but..... the H.R. Puff 'n Stuff. I have no clue what that twisted bit of weirdness had to do with the story.

Halfway through, will be in withdrawal again but oh is the subject matter of this season icky.

His partner (Nina Arianda) is absolutely hysterical in the role, such great writing.

As mentioned. Season 1 was very good and season 2 a big disappointment. I like courtroom dramas, and he is a lawyer-so why did they sway from that in the second season?

Back
Top Bottom