Today's JAZZ playlist

1280x1280.jpg

Nice lot to clean and hear.
I had a basement flood last summer. Have not setup cleaner since. So a bin of about a 80-100 backlog to do in a Spin Clean etc. Drudgery at 5-10 minutes each, ive put off. Best to do five at a time. And the vac noise.
Record cleaning for me is hit and miss. Some days I could clean all day and really get into it and then there's the days I just want to clean what I have to.

However I will be trying some paint pads for scrubbing tomorrow along with my Spin Clean for a rinse when I get done with the vacuum. I was only using the vacuum before. So I'm actually looking forward to this round.

Record cleaning for me is hit and miss. Some days I could clean all day and really get into it and then there's the days I just want to clean what I have to.

However I will be trying some paint pads for scrubbing tomorrow along with my Spin Clean for a rinse when I get done with the vacuum. I was only using the vacuum before. So I'm actually looking forward to this round.

I switch around from what your saying. I wash in Spinclean. Then rinse with distilled, small paint pads and vac on a high torque turntable wired with a good ground. Either way works. I should put my vac in insulated box.

Last edited:
Cassandra Wilson
Traveling Miles

Recorded (The Hit Factory, NYC and Bearsville Studios, Bearsville, NY) 1997-1998
Released (Blue Note CD) 1999
DR=10

Cassandra Wilson (vocals, acoustic guitar); Angelique Kidjo (vocals); Eric Lewis (piano);
Doug Wamble (acoustic guitar); Olu Dara (cornet); Steve Coleman (alto saxophone);
Pat Metheny (classical guitar); Marvin Sewell (acoustic, classical & electric guitars, bazooka);
Jeffrey Haynes, Kevin Breit (guitars, mandolin, mandocello, bazooka); Regina Carter (violin);
Stefon Harris (vibraphone); Vincent Henry (harmonica); Dave Holland, Lonnie Plaxico (bass);
Perry Wilson (drums); Marcus Baylor (drums, percussion); Mino Cinelu (percussion)

R-10830043-1504997988-1230.jpeg.jpg

When I lived in NY City, there was a show called "Bill Boggs Midday Live" where Bill Boggs interviewed celebrities. @jgannon probably remembers it. It was on WNEW Chanel 5. I videotaped this interview and still have it somewhere. In this show (1991) Bill is interviewing Miles Davis. They had Miles listen to some young Jazz Trumpeters and critique them. Miles was Miles. It was an "interesting" interview to say the least. A VERY young Christian McBride was the bass player for the young trumpeters, and a VERY young Joey DeFrancesco was on the keyboard. Don't know the drummer. Miles really liked DeFrancesco and wanted to know who he was. I remember that specifically. Not a word about Christian McBride.

Yeah, we talked about this before, I remember. I'll check out the interview when I get a moment.

Last edited:
Hotter than a chili pepper on a smokin' hot skillet today. I think I drank about 5 bottles of water so far. Heat index is like 105 f.

Listening to Stingray Jazz Classics while at the venue here. Home in a few hours. Need a nap after a 4 AM rise, so after that my Jazz Sunday Streaming.

Later gents.

Hotter than a chili pepper on a smokin' hot skillet today. I think I drank about 5 bottles of water so far. Heat index is like 105 f.

Listening to Stingray Jazz Classics while at the venue here. Home in a few hours. Need a nap after a 4 AM rise, so after that my Jazz Sunday Streaming.

Later gents.

Same here 38'-40' Celsius eqv to 102'-104' F with high humidity.

Same here 38'-40' Celsius eqv to 102'-104' F with high humidity.

Whew. Time to stay in Air Conditioning my friend. I just got home and have the AC set at 72f, 22c. I counted bottles of water drank just for kicks, and I drank 7. 40 degrees C with high humidity is too hot to do much outside. I'll have something to eat, take a cold shower, and then take a nap.

Currently listening to Bird;

Charlie Parker - The Happy Bird

CAM00158.jpg

Back
Top Bottom