Today's JAZZ playlist

If you are ever in Springfield, Illinois, make a stop at Recycled Records. They have an excellent jazz section on the second floor, and the prices are very reasonable. That makes it worth it, because it's hotter than Hades in there in the summer.

View attachment 1214696

VERY nice pick-ups my friend. Thanks for posting those. I wish I had known about this 5 years ago when I went to the Springfield area twice a year. I no longer get to Springfield, but will keep it in mind.

Nice one, Gannon. I believe there are 8 Tatum group masterpieces(?). I've had Vol 2 for a while and picked up Vol 1 a couple of days ago.

Cool. They all are such amazing recordings, Steve. I'm not sure how many of them I have. I was also just listening to the one with Roy Eldridge. The sessions with Hampton and Rich are also great.

Last edited:
Ella_ohlady.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald: Oh, Lady Be Good!
Best Of The Gershwin Songbook

8174782F-FD9B-430B-A0CD-5594C8B3905E.jpeg
I’ve been reading Early Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker by Chuck Haddix. I listened to this Jay McShann album today, it seems like a good companion piece to the book, the early years at least. Some amazing playing, of course. My only challenge is that I’m not always positive when it’s Parker soloing, sometimes yes, but others it’s more, hmmm, is that him? Good exercise in listening closely.

Last edited:
If you are everum in Springfield, Illinois, make a stop at Recycled Records. They have an excellent jazz section on the second floor, and the prices are very reasonable. That makes it worth it, because it's hotter than Hades in there in the summer.

View attachment 1214696

Nice find.
Enjoyed visit to Springfield years back. Lincoln museum and other sites can fill a couple days. That Recycled records shop adds to reason to return.

WUCF, Orlando again this morning.

Last edited:
View attachment 1214755
I’ve been reading Early Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker by Chuck Haddix. I listened to this Jay McShann album today, it seems like a good companion piece to the book, the early years at least. Some amazing playing, of course. My only challenge is that I’m not always positive when it’s Parker soloing, sometimes yes, but others it’s more, hmmm, is that him? Good exercise in listening closely.

Yeah there was another alto player in the band named John Jackson who used to solo also.

Back
Top Bottom