Today's JAZZ playlist

Hotter than a chili pepper on a smokin' hot skillet today. I think I drank about 5 bottles of water so far. Heat index is like 105 f.

Listening to Stingray Jazz Classics while at the venue here. Home in a few hours. Need a nap after a 4 AM rise, so after that my Jazz Sunday Streaming.

Later gents.

Same here 38'-40' Celsius eqv to 102'-104' F with high humidity.
I woke up this morning and noticed a severe weather warning on one of my weather apps. We don't get much around here, but it's that time of year where a tornado could hit, so it's a good idea to pay attention.
This one was for severe heat. The problem is that the forecast doesn't get any higher than 28c all week. WTF?
Warn the Canadians, it's going to approach 30c, and they might melt!:confused:

I've tried so many methods.... other than the very expensive vacuum systems. Wood glue, Magic Eraser, Formula 409 with Microfiber cloths on a padded stool, you name it. Spin Clean works pretty good for me as well. I've never been excited about cleaning. I always only want to do what I have to.
I really dislike record cleaning. Gotta do it when you're a (mostly) used vinyl man, though.

We had company over on Saturday, and I had the place to myself before they arrived. I had a pile of veggies to chop, and pulled out a couple of Bob Marley albums to spin; Natty Dread and Kaya.
Both of them are just pristine, but out of nowhere one them started skipping. Whaaa? Turns out there was a small speck of something stuck in one of the grooves. No idea what the deal was. I don't recall it being an issue in the past, and I'm really careful with my vinyl.
I'm not in the habit of cleaning vinyl that doesn't need it.

Off topic, but I might have been spinning Kaya while @poppachubby was smoking some, heh heh.

Just picked this up at a local record show this weekend.

The Quintet of the French Hot Club Featuring Django Reinhardt - Dial Records 214 - 1951

View attachment 1214711
Nice!
That record just got "AR'd".

Speaking of which, I fired up my XA this morning. This Father's Day (and weekend) was a bit chaotic around here, so I didn't get the usual lazy time. I'm taking it right now with some vinyl that is older than I am.

Kenny Dorham - Jazz Contrasts (original Riverside, as far as I know)
Louis Armstrong and The Dukes Of Dixieland (original Audio Fidelity)
Duke Ellington - Mood Indigo (original six eye)
Duke Ellington and Count Basie - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (this one is a two eye, so it might be wrong that it's older than I am)

I really dislike record cleaning. Gotta do it when you're a (mostly) used vinyl man, though.

We had company over on Saturday, and I had the place to myself before they arrived. I had a pile of veggies to chop, and pulled out a couple of Bob Marley albums to spin; Natty Dread and Kaya.
Both of them are just pristine, but out of nowhere one them started skipping. Whaaa? Turns out there was a small speck of something stuck in one of the grooves. No idea what the deal was. I don't recall it being an issue in the past, and I'm really careful with my vinyl.
I'm not in the habit of cleaning vinyl that doesn't need it.

Off topic, but I might have been spinning Kaya while @poppachubby was smoking some, heh heh.

Forgot to tell you I rolled on that one

Forgot to tell you I rolled on that one
As you should!
My god do I love that album. That and Natty Dread are one of my fav one-two punches of all time. I know they weren't released as such, but for me they just fit together perfectly.

Wasn't Rastaman Vibration originally released with a burlap type cover, for 'rolling' purposes?

I stumbled on an original Catch A Fire, with the Zippo cover, at a garage sale awhile back. Sadly the cover has a bit of water damage, but damn is it cool to have it.

VERY nice pick-ups my friend. Thanks for posting those. I wish I had known about this 5 years ago when I went to the Springfield area twice a year. I no longer get to Springfield, but will keep it in mind.
Thanks, Billy. Too bad you missed the place. For what it's worth, here's the info (in case you're ever in Springfield again). If you're there in the summer, be well hydrated when you show up. Be prepared to sweat!

eEUbgxc.jpg

Busy day again gents, so just Sirius XM in the car - Real Jazz Channel. I'd prefer streaming some of my stuff, but in traffic, I really can't goof with that any longer. It's too easy just to put on Sirius and fageddaboudit.

Back
Top Bottom