What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

That's what express lanes are for!

I got one. Mother in law's 2015 Buick LaCrosse has a running light out - they call them DRL's, Daytime Running Lights. It's inaccessible, down at the bottom of the bumper, not with all the other lights you can access from inside the hood. The manual discusses the DRLs but doesn't even list it on the chart of bulb numbers nor tell you how to get to it.

Ah, but the internet! The internet says, turn the wheel all the way to the other side, then remove the wheel well liner. Yep. Using, get this, TWO different sizes of, not regular screwdrivers, but Torx. Yes, two different Torx to get this panel off. Oh, I forgot to mention, you ALSO need a 7 mm socket wrench for one of the bolts. :rolleyes:

In contrast, my sister's 2005 Volvo. You open the hood, pull out what looks like a tent stake, and the whole light assembly pulls out from the front, giving easy access to each bulb screwed into the back of it.

:rant:

Ahh technology. My friend has an SUV with LED tail lights. Well one of the "strings" of LEDs was out. The entire tail light was still about 75% lit, just a stripe around the edge was out. She got pulled over for a tail light out. That's the kind of small-town cops we have. I have a running joke that if I have a headlight burn out, I'll get pulled over that day. Every time. I get pulled over for random dumb shit about every third month.

I have been pulled over twice in my own driveway, and I have also come home to find parking citations on cars in my driveway twice. Citations for blocking the 200-year old broken, crooked, flagstone sidewalk that NOBODY uses. Ever. I live on a rural street with like 3 houses on it. The sidewalk doesn't even GO ANYWHERE. It goes like two parcels north and stops in an abandoned field. Yet they won't let me remove the sidewalk either.

So my peeve in this post is the gaggle of Barney Fife's we have around here.

I once had a friend who did two things that bothered me.

He picked his nose in front of me and constantly used the phase, "it's a mute point".

And what made it more frustrating was the fact that I couldn't say anything as he was my boss.

The proverbial thunderstorm that takes out the TV when at a critical point in the story/plot:rolleyes:...and the rest of the episode is based on the part ya missed!

Q

OK, one more for the day, eh?

You hit the shower. All goes well. You reach for the towel. NO towel! All are in the wash. You forgot to check if one was on the rack. At this point you don't know who to hate more!

A lot of TP gets used at this point.:D

Quit yer d#%mned smilin'. It happens to the best of us!

Q

Last edited:
This is the ****assery that I've mentioned before. After work today, as I entered my car, this Wall Of Douchebaggery who parked next to me created a safety hazard for me in leaving.

20180624_163747.jpg

For the love of God, understand that there are others who do not have abnormal psychological shortcomings.
middle-finger-smiley.png

If this has been mentioned before, bear with me for a moment. It will make me feel better to post it again since it keeps happening.

On a three lane road where the center lane is marked as the turning lane, my issue is with people that pull into the turning lane and attempt to use it as a merge lane. Some fools even pull into the center lane and stop while they wait for a space to merge into. That extreamely dangerous maneuver causes chaos for all other drivers in the vicinity when another driver enters the turning lane to execute a legal left turn as the roadway was intended to be used. Rear end collisions, side-swipe collisions, head on collisions, or all three at the same time, are the likely result of such bone headed moves. Those folks need to read their states DOT drivers manual or take a remedial Drivers Ed course.

There, I feel better already.
We grew up calling that the suicide lane.

On a more trivial note, why does it seem that more and more people are pronouncing the word "nuclear" as "nucular"? With the proliferation of North Korea stories in the news lately, I'm noticing this a lot, and it's coming from educated people, people who would otherwise appear to have a good handle on the English language, people I thought I respected. What gives?
Especially when it's followed by the word family.

Yes it would be difficult to see any oncoming traffic in your attempt to leave.Short of not parking next to you ,how should the driver of the truck have parked?

I'm at the market today doing the weekly grocery shopping - I've got a medium sized cart load, already on the belt.

The lines are slow today - no baggers for some reason.

I've already been waiting 10 minutes, and then I get the 'stink eye' from someone behind me with about 4 items in a basket as if I should just let them go ahead of me. They *must* be more important than me, right?

Nope.

The real fun is when you let that person go in front and the cashier asks them "did you find everything okay" and they reply with "No, do you have this really obscure item that will take 10 minutes of people running around to try to find for me now"

People that want to pull out of gas stations that are at the corner of an intersection but they want to get across 3 lanes that go straight to get into one of the 2 lanes that makes a left turn. You mistakenly let them pull out thinking they are just going to pull into your lane and go but they pull across the lane and stop in front of you while they wait for a big enough gap in the traffic in the other lanes to pull all the way across. So then you and the cars behind you get to sit through the green light.
Either wait for all the traffic to clear before pulling out or pick a gas station that you can get out of but don't make me and the 5 cars behind me wait because of your bad choice. Am I the only one that looks at where I want to go after getting gas when I pick a station?

That also gets grouped into the people that realize at the last second that they want to turn right and are in the left lane so they stop in the middle of the road and wait for it to be clear to pull across the other lane(s) rather than just going straight and making a u-turn. This attitude that 'I screwed up but the rest of the world needs to deal with it.' is just wrong.

(Using my best Rod Serling voice) You have spent the past hour at a big box store. Your cart has a few carefully selected items on board. There are long lines at both of the two open checkout lines. All of the other checkout lanes are eriely dark and abandoned as usual. Several groups of sharp vested employees huddle just out of earshot and appear to be oblivious of the huddled masses at the checkout stockades yearning to be released. As you wait your turn for what seems like the best part of your afternoon, just as the one person that is now ahead of you is about to start to place their precious items on the belt to be checked out, a voice looms nearby “I can help someone on lane 9”. Miraculously, a zombie cashier has awakened and summoned the LAST person in line! Those lucky souls had just arrived and merrily zoom off to the grand express lane of happiness. TIP: Don’t get in their way. They will run you ass over to get there first! You and your fellow shoppers have been patiently (more or less anyway) waiting for the chance to finally complete your shopping experience. Now everyone that was left behind grumbles in unison, “What the hell...!” That newly awakened perky bobble-head cashier could very easily have picked the person that was next in line and offered to check them out in turn. But no, today is just not your day — again.

Is customer service really that dead? It sure does seem like a lost art form these days, doesn’t it? Don’t the front line employees receive any training? Doesn’t anyone in management pay attention to what goes on with their customer facing employees anymore? Maybe they are focused on trying to figure out where all the sales losses are coming from and why UPS and FedEx are delivering the goods to their former customers.

I finally figured out why I hate the front end on the Toyotas these days.

This one actually looks a little better, they were looking like this:

It's because it looks too much like this:
:p
00j0j_bYlE8Wd9ifr_600x450.jpg

CDBA1700H_medium.jpg

Even the Lexus, the nice upscale Toyota, has the same obnoxious front end.
Who needs all that obvious plastic mesh? The shape and the finish offend my eyes.

I mean someone must love them, since they sell pretty well. I just can't. :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom