Today's JAZZ playlist

View attachment 1215696
Joining you for a while, Cliff and I. We are on Flood Monitoring duty for a while overnight.
We had 4" rain in few hours. Been dealing with backwater valve, seepage past. Fortunately, Engineering we did after last years floods has worked, so far!! Got stuff off basement floor incase.

I'll be listening on phone, to WUCF or other if still on air over night. WUCF is broadcastingin we hours.

Sheesh, glad that didn't flood on you a 2nd time. Sucks pulling night duty to watch it and having to lift up everything just in case.

WUCF is decent overnight with their overnight show "Jazzworks", but I tend to have it on CJRT when I want to sleep for their overnight show "Night and Day" that TENDS to be mellow and quiet Jazz for the wee hours.

Sheesh, glad that didn't flood on you a 2nd time. Sucks pulling night duty to watch it and having to lift up everything just in case.

WUCF is decent overnight with their overnight show "Jazzworks", but I tend to have it on CJRT when I want to sleep for their overnight show "Night and Day" that TENDS to be mellow and quiet Jazz for the wee hours.

Thanks, worked out ok. Will spare you details.
The jazz filled the time. Was up till 5 am. WUCF was fine. Will try CJRT if alnighter guard duty in future.

Thanks. Yes, just finished rebuild. We weathered the storm OK. Plumbing kept up with the issues.
There were cars floating in parking lots. And a close rescue from car at a viaduct. No fatalities in area.

I spent four years in nearby DeKalb; when I first got there, someone made a point of telling me about the tornado sirens! I didn't see any tornadoes, but there were a couple of rain storms that were unbelievable . . .

Keef: "Bloody 'ell, there's a lot of shit on here"
and then "Oh, that's a good one" when he gets handed Exile.
:rflmao:

If Mick handled my vinyl like that he'd get punch in the throat, lol.

You know, while I'm not into using albums as frisbees, lol, I like a casual approach to playing records. I think a good example is the way Joe Bussard approaches playing and handling his rare and priceless 78s.

I spent four years in nearby DeKAndy'swhen I first got there, someone made a point of telling me about the tornado sirens! I didn't see any tornadoes, but there were a couple of rain storms that were unbelievable . . .

Some friends went to Nothern Illinous U. Dekalb, in 70's. Used to go to a bar called Andys. Had a regular Um pa pa band Called The Footstompers. They did thier final performance this year.
Today's a rest day, I hope.

Thanks, worked out ok. Will spare you details.
The jazz filled the time. Was up till 5 am. WUCF was fine. Will try CJRT if alnighter guard duty in future.

Glad it was OK. Home ownership comes with a price. We all know that. Not just purchase price, but upkeep and renovations and taxes and.... other things.

I like CJRT if I'm going to sleep as they seem to play more mellow stuff than WUCF. If I had to stay up like you, I'd probably scratch around for a station out of Europe, like London, where you have a live DJ talking about the songs. They would be about six hours ahead of you, so at 2 AM they would be actively gabbing about the Jazz they are playing at 8 AM their time. That would help me stay awake.

I've tried a few.

JAZZ FM LONDON

JAZZ LONDON RADIO

Hopefully you won't need these!

Back
Top Bottom