Hitachiht550

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Lo-D (Hitachi) MT-202mkII

Here is a pic
mt-202mkii.JPG mt-202mkii.JPG

Here is a link
for some reason I cannot post a link...

Anyway I do not think this is Audio Technica like some of the other Hitachi stuff.

Thanks for the help

From the VE database but no idea where it actually originated.

Lo-D
MT-202 mkII

rate/review

Type
moving magnet Output Voltage
mV Frequency Response
10Hz - 35kHz Tracking Force
0.5 - 1.5g Mass
7g
Channel Separation
30dB Channel Balance
1dB Load Impedance
47k ohms Output Impedance
550 ohms
Stylus
E-202II Stylus Tip
elliptical 0.3 x 0.7mil Cantilever
Dynamic Compliance

x 10-6cm/Dyne Static Compliance

I don't know much, but here's what I have.
Lo-D was, as far as I know, Hitachi's high-end sub-brand for the Japanese domestic market.
Here's the MT-202 Mk II's description from one of those Japanese archive sites:
description Capture.JPG

and here are the specs:
specs Capture.JPG

Visually close relatives: MT-100 and MT-101. There's also an MT-202E, which the description mentions, though it has a much older look than the other three.

Yeah, I found spec and such but not if it was manufactured by someone else for Hitachi. It seems that it is possible that GLANZ or Acutex also made carts for Hitachi. Think it is one of those?

Last edited:
Acutex was basically a marketing scheme for distributing Azden/Piezo cartridges in the US, and this doesn't look like A/P construction. It does look like (what little we can see in the typically poor photos) Glanz style. We'd want to look for a tiny setscrew in the round shank/insertion tube/thingy, as we see in some Pioneers and JVCs and Denons.
There's some resemblance to the Glanz MG-2S.
Interesting question, and it would be nice to nail down the identity of the OEMs behind so many Japanese brands.

I'm thinking that it looks a lot like Sumiko Pearl common ancestor or maybe Osawa. It just has that look.

Sumikos and Osawas with an insertion tube for the stylus have diamond-shaped insertion tubes. Glanz used both round and diamond shaped tubes but I can't identify that Lo-D

So I have had a chance to listen to this for a few records and it sounds really nice. Its is quite when it is supposed to be and plays the music parts really well. It's a keeper in my book.

Back
Top Bottom