Multiple rca DAC inputs

rxonmymind

Is there a dac that will take the two rca cables from my tablet (currently streaming ) and two from the cd player for a total of four inputs and have two rca out to the aux of my vintage receiver? I've seen a couple British models but have yet to find one here in the US.
So basically have everything run through a dac. Will I have to buy two separate dacs?
I'll run pro audio to bypass the internal dac on the Samsung tablet.
I'm curious on how much this will improve the sound.:)
Thanks.

Btw I DON'T need a headphone option as I never listen to music that way in the room.

Last edited:
Based on your description, if you have two RCA cables from your table and two from your CD player, it sounds like those cables are carrying analog signals, not digital. What outputs are you using from the tablet and cd player? I am not sure I have seen a tablet that has a coaxial digital audio out.

Based on your description, if you have two RCA cables from your table and two from your CD player, it sounds like those cables are carrying analog signals, not digital. What outputs are you using from the tablet and cd player? I am not sure I have seen a tablet that has a coaxial digital audio out.
My current set up.
Samsung Tablet A 3.5 mm>> 2 rca/Aux in receiver
Cd player 2 rca >> 2 rca into tape on receiver

What I'd like to do is take both and filter them through a dac>>>Aux with a possible selector switch into the receiver and see what happens. If that's even possible.

To run them through the DAC you will need to have a digital audio out. Using the 3.5mm out from the tablet and the 2 RCA from the CD player will not work with going into the DAC.

For the tablet, the most probable way of getting a digital signal out is through USB (I know Apple products sometimes have an optical digital out through the headphone jack, but I do not think that Samsung has adopted this).

For the CD player, you will need to confirm that it has a digital audio output; this would likely either be optical or coaxial. Coaxial is similar to RCA, but generally is better shielded and there are a couple other differences I do not fully remember.

Ok...
But can I run a micro USB out from the tablet to a dac, then rca out from the dac to aux of the receiver. Then run audio player pro to bypass the "dac" in the tablet.
I think.

What I'd like to do is take both and filter them through a dac>>>Aux

I think you may be misunderstanding what a DAC does. A DAC doesn't take analogue signals and filter them, it converts a digital stream into analogue.

From your description, it sounds like you want a switch.

Alternatively, you will need digital streams from your tablet and CD player. The CD player may have an optical or coax SPDIF output, but it is very unlikely that the tablet will have anything other than USB and HDMI. You could use the USB to a USB DAC, or you could use a wireless protocol such as DLNA to stream to a streaming DAC.

I think you may be misunderstanding what a DAC does. A DAC doesn't take analogue signals and filter them, it converts a digital stream into analogue.

From your description, it sounds like you want a switch.

Alternatively, you will need digital streams from your tablet and CD player. The CD player may have an optical or coax SPDIF output, but it is very unlikely that the tablet will have anything other than USB and HDMI. You could use the USB to a USB DAC, or you could use a wireless protocol such as DLNA to stream to a streaming DAC.

This! I think. Thanks I'll look into it.

To run them through the DAC you will need to have a digital audio out. Using the 3.5mm out from the tablet and the 2 RCA from the CD player will not work with going into the DAC.

For the tablet, the most probable way of getting a digital signal out is through USB (I know Apple products sometimes have an optical digital out through the headphone jack, but I do not think that Samsung has adopted this).

For the CD player, you will need to confirm that it has a digital audio output; this would likely either be optical or coaxial. Coaxial is similar to RCA, but generally is better shielded and there are a couple other differences I do not fully remember.
Unfortunately no it doesn't. Thanks for your help.

I have two different DAC's that each do this! Peachtree Decco2 and Bel Canto 2.5. The Peachtree is an integrated amp/DAC and the Bel Canto is a DAC/preamp. Both have analog inputs as well as digital inputs. Very versatile!

under 100 bux, Xiangssheng dac01 and other rebranded ones. have 5 inputs
with each input being a stereo pair for left and right channel signals.
CD/DVD + Aux are 2, USB, Coax, and optical make a total of 5.
(versatile since most CDPs and DVD have optical outputs, all
computers have USB output, other high-end players have coax,
and the cheapy portables use RCA analogs.)

then there's two outputs. one is SS, the other is tube. you can feed the second output
to a dedicated headphone amp and power on, remotely, either the amp for speakers
or the headphone amp for headphones - no hands, Ma! no button pushing.

the DAC-01 is lower res, DAC02 models go up the resolution scales.

I use one to control all my non phono/tuner/tape inputs, very few preamps
allow this combination of inputs. for me I have 3 CD/DVD/SACD players, two
DAPs, two turntables, a tuner, and a computer feed - and I don't like having a
8x10 laminated sheet telling me what to press. nor can I use a harmony
because most are not remote controllable.

Back
Top Bottom