What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I used to be big into tone adjustments on my systems. Good eye seeing that the 5 band now sits flat. The 5 band is one of the perks that interested me in the receiver back when I bought it new in 1980 for $329 (list was $379). For some odd reason, I have been into flat responses with this equalizer and the bass/tone of my other amps for some time now. I will try to overcome my OCD and make attempts to use the equalizer once again based on this recommendation. Hmm, I have changed over the years. ..................................
Pure Direct button "on" the Yamaha. Occasionally will use the loudness on the Kenwood but no tone control adjustment. All others flat except 1 Sony with +2 on the bass. I have never owned an EQ except in the car. If your ears say do it then you should do it:) Which ever way:music: My 2 cents worth.

998b6a1d-94d2-43c5-bbe7-d7f23c9e51df-png.658039

Pure Direct button "on" the Yamaha. Occasionally will use the loudness on the Kenwood but no tone control adjustment. All others flat except 1 Sony with +2 on the bass. I have never owned an EQ except in the car. If your ears say do it then you should do it:) Which ever way:music: My 2 cents worth.
The Sherwood RX-4109 I have has the "Tone Direct" . I think that is where it all started in regards to going Flat. Does that mean I am dead now? I have flatlined!
Flatliners_%282017%29.jpg

That's how you get that Yamaha "Natural Sound":):thumbsup:............an added note,I really am not a fan of the Yamaha Loudness Control. I do know some that like it though:dunno:
I have a Yamaha AVR that gives me an incredible amount of ways to change the sound at my leisure. However, I prefer to listen to music as it is sent from the network without any changes, .. and I must say that satisfies me a lot :) Because I have an AVR and not a simple Preamplifier? Because I have things in mind .. :)

Back
Top Bottom