Todays METAL playlist

I´m going to have to pick that one up.
20180619_211940.jpg 20180619_212009.jpg

While I prefer earlier BOC, this one still had some good material on it. They were definitely targeting the radio friendly market at this point.

The track you dig was actually co-written with Canadian rocker Aldo Nova. Guest player who did the guitar and synth on the track. He had self titled hit record in '82.

Can't pass up the rare (for me) opportunity to post on this thread.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans and Speed Metal seem made for each other. :)

index.php
Would definitely like to hear that one! Some cool bands on that comp. Seriously dig the Artillery.

View attachment 1216280 View attachment 1216282

While I prefer earlier BOC, this one still had some good material on it. They were definitely targeting the radio friendly market at this point.

The track you dig was actually co-written with Canadian rocker Aldo Nova. Guest player who did the guitar and synth on the track. He had self titled hit record in '82.
Interesting! I have Aldo Nova´s album "Subject"; pretty cool.

Venom ~ Black Metal
1982 Neat Records NEAT 1005 (green label)

https://www.discogs.com/Venom-Black-Metal/master/57707
034.jpg

This album cover along with the Venom logo from At War With Satan was the inspiration for the centre piece of the "Uniform". Jacket was originally my dad's circa 1974ish. Was handed down to me in the early 80's where it lost its sleeves and started the conversion to Full Metal Jacket (vest)! :rockon: Vest is a combination of paint and marker done over a few years. Had a buddy who was a pretty good artist in high school do all the paint work. Added a pic of a Venom wood burn he did.........with a magnifying glass in the sun. No :bs:!

I really dig your Neat pressing that doesn't have the album title on the cover.

20180622_205347.jpg 20180622_205403.jpg
20180622_205507.jpg

20180622_220344.jpg 20180622_220403.jpg
20180622_215643.jpg 20180622_215702.jpg

OSI - Office of Strategic Influence

S/T CD Insideout Records German pressing and RE: Free 12" EP Burningshed UK pressing autographed by Mike Portnoy

Hard to classify these guys. Recordings could be put into many categories. Metal, Prog, Rock, Industrial, Electronica.....

Some metal guys doing a variety of things.

The Death Angel LP didn't leave my turntable for a year when I got that one. I saw them on that tour. One of the most brutal pits I have ever been in. Such a good band.

Like the jacket too - flying the colors for DRI and VoiVod on the front is classic. :rockon:

:bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown:
Wish I had my old Levi's jacket with the sleeves cut off.
I painted the back with the font from the debut album of Black Sabbath across my shoulders. A huge circular cross was painted below and a Harley Davidson patch was down in the lower hem.
The front had a small Black Sabbath patch over the left pocket that looked like a name tag.

Various buttons adorned the lapels and pocket closures. I held onto the buttons and patches.
007.jpg

Last edited:
The Death Angel LP didn't leave my turntable for a year when I got that one. I saw them on that tour. One of the most brutal pits I have ever been in. Such a good band.

Like the jacket too - flying the colors for DRI and VoiVod on the front is classic. :rockon:

Ditto, head was banged a fair bit to this record. Saw them twice (Frolic and Act III) as well as The Organization once, with about 15 other people in the club. Truly unfortunate, they were excellent. Terrible promo leading up to that gig.

When I look at the vest now, I see all the fazes that I went through from NWOBH to thrash to Hardcore/Crossover. Kinda like a steel wool sponge. :D

:bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown:
Wish I had my old Levi's jacket with the sleeves cut off.
I painted the back with the font from the debut album of Black Sabbath across my shoulders. A huge circular cross was painted below and a Harley Davidson patch was down in the lower hem.
The front had a small Black Sabbath patch over the left pocket that looked like a name tag.

Various buttons adorned the lapels and pocket closures. I held onto the buttons and patches.
007.jpg

The things in hindsight that we wished we'd kept......

Sweet pin collection. Some real gems in there.:cool:

Will be going to check out Anvil next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom