Todays METAL playlist

As I have stated before, I discovered Classical music around 2 years ago and love it! There are so many pieces that just plain ROCK.

I hope it´s okay to post this here, I want the opinion of my fellow Metal Heads:)

This is Beethovens 9th String Quartett. The whole thing is awesome, but if you don´t like classical , jump to 26:42 and listen to the end. It´s only around 5 minutes. It´s feet stomping, head banging good IMHO.

Tell me what you think. Oh yeah, just like Metal, you have to listen to it LOUD :)

Dc_cec2VMAA-bZj.jpg

Rage - Reign Of Fear

As I have stated before, I discovered Classical music around 2 years ago and love it! There are so many pieces that just plain ROCK.

I hope it´s okay to post this here, I want the opinion of my fellow Metal Heads:)

This is Beethovens 9th String Quartett. The whole thing is awesome, but if you don´t like classical , jump to 26:42 and listen to the end. It´s only around 5 minutes. It´s feet stomping, head banging good IMHO.

Tell me what you think. Oh yeah, just like Metal, you have to listen to it LOUD :)

Classical and metal are twins. In fact most of my favorite vocalists have some opera training or qualities. Listen to Rob Halford and then some opera. Freddie Mercury, Geoff Tate. RJD.

I leave you with these guys, one of my daughters favorites.

Apocalyptica

Also compare the opening of Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath to Holst The Planets - Mars.

Thanks for the reply :)

I am surprised that not so many people see the obvious similarities between Metal and Classical. Sometimes I wonder how the public reacted to some kick ass piece of music when it was played for the first time 300 years ago :) They must have been blow away!

I am surprised that not so many people see the obvious similarities between Metal and Classical. Sometimes I wonder how the public reacted to some kick ass piece of music when it was played for the first time 300 years ago :) They must have been blow away!
I'm all good with the classical side of music in Metal. I was exposed to my sister playing bassoon (classical) from about 12 until 17ish so classical is in my ear so to speak. This was also my most significant period of Metal influence as well. I totally see the correlation between the 2 styles of music... but then again I see classical influence in a wide variety of musical styles over the generations.

This is an awesome blend of Classical and Metal. Not everyone's cup of tea due to the vocal element, but worthy of the listen.

Nice I want a FULL report.
I'd drag my duff ass out to see Anvil. True professionals in every sense of the word.
065.jpg
As Expected, They kicked Metal Ass!!!
Tried to get some vinyl but had to settle for CD.
Opening act Carbon (local) was highly influenced by Iron Maiden from the # of the Beast era and were solid. Knew their stuff and were well rehearsed. Would check them out again. Singer was a good Bruce Dickinson clone. 2nd band (Searching For Daybreak) were more grunge in the vein of Soundgarden. Took a couple of songs to get their sound figured out but eventually got it together......then came ANVIL! They kicked butt. Lots off the new record along with the classics!!!
20180630_232059.jpg 20180701_000807.jpg
20180701_001947.jpg
Yes, That is Lips playing the the guitar with a dildo.....What did ya expect?

I see the similarities all the time. I apologize for not having taken the time to watch your string quartet video. I get preoccupied with other stuff, but I know exactly what you are talking about.
This album has metal written all over it. The soloist burns like Dave Mustaine during the break in Holy Wars, specifically the 4:40 mark in the video.
008.jpg

index.php

Yes, That is Lips playing the the guitar with a dildo.....What did ya expect?
I'd feel cheated if he hadn't pulled out the "Female Massager".
Great revue, great pics. How was Rob Reiner's playing? Is he still fast and accurate as hell?

Appears to be three piece outfit now. Wow. Lips is really pulling double duty.

I'd feel cheated if he hadn't pulled out the "Female Massager".
Great revue, great pics. How was Rob Reiner's playing? Is he still fast and accurate as hell?

Appears to be three piece outfit now. Wow. Lips is really pulling double duty.

Rob kicked absolute ASS!!! He was a machine. A lot of drummers could use a lesson from the man. Some drummers state that you can't get the real power out of traditional stick handling. I say BS! The man is a monster!!! Most Metal drummers should be lining up for lessons.

Back
Top Bottom