Welcome to the world of James B. Lansing

Sadly, a lot of the JBL historical records were lost in the Northridge earthquake (Jan 17, 1994, at 4:31 am) ...
I have seen some amateur production lists made by fans - but I don't think they were inclusive of all models ...
But you do own a couple of the nicer models! Enjoy them!

I guess I was mostly interested when they were made .
Sorry, I obviously misread your post. Maybe this will help:

The L250 first appears on the price-list published over on LH as 1982. They also appear in the 1983 listing, as well as the full-line catalog hosted at LH dated 10/82. The history section says the L250 production version was introduced in 1982 and replaced by the Ti version in 1984, though the article at LH incorrectly noted the later version as the "L250Ti".

The L112 first appears for 1978 on the price listing and again in 1981, 1982, and 1983. The L112 catalog is dated 4/80. They also appear in the full-line catalog dated 3/81 which is posted at LH as the "1979" catalog. I purchased my pair in May of 1982.

Sorry, I obviously misread your post. Maybe this will help:

The L250 first appears on the price-list published over on LH as 1982. They also appear in the 1983 listing, as well as the full-line catalog hosted at LH dated 10/82. The history section says the L250 production version was introduced in 1982 and replaced by the Ti version in 1984, though the article at LH incorrectly noted the later version as the "L250Ti".

The L112 first appears for 1978 on the price listing and again in 1981, 1982, and 1983. The L112 catalog is dated 4/80. They also appear in the full-line catalog dated 3/81 which is posted at LH as the "1979" catalog. I purchased my pair in May of 1982.
Thank you . When I got the L250's , I got the catalog too .

index.php
What is the right speaker?

Thank! Great look. I will use it to make enclosures. (for speakers Altec 416-8A & 802-8D/811 horns).

Over 1,200 views on a new thread over there in the past four-days does not sound like a "dearth" to me. I actually kind of enjoy the substance of the Lansing Heritage site where people will often give a second thought prior to posting "me, too" and decade-old threads continue to have vitality and gain current contributions that add to the reference data and utility of a subject.

I also enjoy the fact that few "over there" ever provide opinions on a JBL they've never heard prefaced by the "west-coast-sound" misnomer. I have to come to AK for those "alternative facts" and Kellyanne moments . . . and to have people tell me I'm not a true JBL enthusiast because my 4345 clones have a black-ash baffle!
banghead.gif

I would love to hear about your 4345 Klones
Having both 4343’s and 4350’s as well as others
Bobhorn

I would love to hear about your 4345 Klones
Having both 4343’s and 4350’s as well as others
One of my daughters was in college near you. I picked the 4345s up in Connecticut in the dead of winter over ten-years ago after dropping my daughter off in Annandale-on-Hudson. Just set them up in my new house and they're never leaving!

1982 . I was in high school and my best friend older brother steve swankowski introduced me to jbl 4311. He was talking smack how great these speakers are and how much power they can handle. I didn't believe a word he said I couldn't imagine this small box was going to do all the things he was claiming. Steve cut on his power amp and the rest was history. I've have own more JBL's than any others manufacturer out here. JBL sound had a profound effect on my ears so much I have own this list of jbl speakers.
L-250. L-100. 4311. L-56. L-112. I do not have any of these speakers any more. What I do own today- JBL 4345. 4312c. 4311 and altec 14 . I want to also say thank you very much to Greg timbers. Not a 100 percent sure but greg timbers designed and built most of the JBL speakers I own today. Thank you JBL for bringing out the best sound in audio performance

What I do own today- JBL 4345. 4312c. 4311 and altec 14 . I want to also say thank you very much to Greg timbers. Not a 100 percent sure but greg timbers designed and built most of the JBL speakers I own today. Thank you JBL for bringing out the best sound in audio performance
If that's your 4345 in you avatar, tell us about them. They appear to have 075 UHF and black baffles.

Only two drivers are not original.
075 and le175 . The rest is original. The cabs are jbl spec. My ears like the sound of the these two drivers better than the original drivers that was used. Nothing special just JBL sound. Lansing heritage forum has jbl speaker spec and cabinets spec if you choose to do it your self.

Big time JBL fan here
DIY'd L300's in the 1970's
DIY'd 4430's in the 2000's
Currently an XPL fan
upload_2023-4-30_19-40-25.png\
Great to see this addition to the AK forums!

Back
Top Bottom