Favorite "Non Hit" from your favorite group?

john5220

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
What song from your favorite group is one of your favorites, one that didn't chart as highly as their hits?

I'll start:

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Ways to Be Wicked

"Wond'ring Again" and "Life Is a Long Song" (Jethro Tull, Living in the Past).
A bit difficult to choose, as I like just about every "non-hit" on Tull's first half-dozen or so albums. :)

Today by Jefferson Airplane. It was probably overwhelmed by the dual assault of White Rabbit and Somebody to Love. Many of the psychedelic rock artists started out playing folk music. To me, this tender ballad showed the transition between the two genres. Some memorable Jerry Garcia guitar playing, too.

Last edited:
Hard to pin a favorite but “Revival” would rank very high :)

Probably in my top 2 of their tunes! Nothing like getting drunk and stoned while spending a whole summer in Yellowstone and singing this in a wide open meadow, hoping we didn't wake the Grizzlies!

Today by Jefferson Airplane. It was probably overwhelmed by the dual assault of White Rabbit and Somebody to Love. Many of the psychedelic rock artists started out playing folk music. To me, this tender ballad showed the transition between the two genres. Some memorable Jerry Garcia guitar playing, too.

My favorite tune of theirs, by far.

Woody And Dutch On A Slow Train To Peking by Rickie Lee Jones on the Pirates lp. When I first heard the song, I did not like it as it was so different than any of her other songs. However repeated playing of the song made me really appreciate it as it has so much going on.

As far as I know, Jeff Beck never had any hits, much less regular air play, but that never mattered to me, as I liked every one of his songs, less most of Beck, Bogart, & Appice offerings, from Truth on.

Back
Top Bottom