Actors who suprised you as a bad guy...

soundmotor

super modified
I enjoy an actor's performance when they play against type and pull it off. One of my faves is John Lithgow's turn in Cliffhanger. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure and we know Stallone will pull it off against all odds but Lithgow brings some weight as a sophisticated, smart, and lethal psychopath. He's matter of fact in the execution of his plan. He is so far above everyone else as far as thespian chops go it is worth the watch for his work alone. I think this may be the only time he plays a truly bad guy (Footloose aside...).

That's my pick, how about yours?

zcJqFg1.jpg

The one actor that threw me back on my heels seeing him as the bad guy ended up in the movie "Insomnia". This actor is totally out of character as Joe Public knew him. In this production he gravitated towards the bad side.
Won't say who the "bad guy" is, as it will be a spoiler in this murder mystery.

As far as the movie was concerned, I'd rate it at a 3.5 to a 4 outta 5 thumbs up.

Q

Last edited:
First time I really saw Woody Harelson was in Cheers. Saw him as a bad guy in a few movies after that and was blown away on how evil he really could act. Amazing actor IMHO.

I'm not a big Robin Williams fan, but he played the criminal in an episode of Law and Order SVU, and his performance was surprisingly convincing.

Since L&O SVU was mentioned, how about John Ritter? He played a doctor who cut out....well, I’ll leave it at that. I can still remember the promo: See John Ritter as you’ve never him before. Very creepy.

Last edited:
I enjoy an actor's performance when they play against type and pull it off. One of my faves is John Lithgow's turn in Cliffhanger. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure and we know Stallone will pull it off against all odds but Lithgow brings some weight as a sophisticated, smart, and lethal psychopath. He's matter of fact in the execution of his plan. He is so far above everyone else as far as thespian chops go it is worth the watch for his work alone. I think this may be the only time he plays a truly bad guy (Footloose aside...).

That's my pick, how about yours?

zcJqFg1.jpg

Have you ever seen him in Mesmerized? He's even creepier there.

Back
Top Bottom