New MC 452, First Impressions

There is NO WAY that I have even a fraction of your willpower. We started the trip to Audio Classics at 6am and returned home around 9pm. I immediately unloaded, unpacked and got the beast running by myself! While my back was pissed at me for 3 days, my ears were thrilled!
The front glass gave me pause. The '452 sat bolted to the bottom of the carton for two days before I got it up, and running. The displaced Mc2300 is still sitting in the Foyer on the floor...

Was the front glass plate on MC452 undamaged? Am a little worried now. Mine has been sitting for a week on the Living Room Floor in the box. What are your plans for MC2300?

Was the front glass plate on MC452 undamaged? Am a little worried now. Mine has been sitting for a week on the Living Room Floor in the box. What are your plans for MC2300?
No worries! The 452 was packed to survive a bomb blast! I just had to get it up and running!

Absolutely Slick, what a fantastic Project. Look forward to seeing the photos when completed. I will do the same. Currently, the RB1590 is on the Floor as well. I have a third amp on one of the other shelves. So thinking about moving it as well, (Mint Acurus A250).
Thanks! I have a long way to go yet..... I will be sure to get pictures along the way.

No worries! The 452 was packed to survive a bomb blast! I just had to get it up and running!
Good to hear, I broke down and bought some Cherry shelves today. All good will place a couple of pairs of iso-acoustic pucks on the Maple board to isolate it from the shelf. Question now is setup configuration and placement. I think sometimes I think too much about this.

Good to hear, I broke down and bought some Cherry shelves today. All good will place a couple of pairs of iso-acoustic pucks on the Maple board to isolate it from the shelf. Question now is setup configuration and placement. I think sometimes I think too much about this.
It's almost impossible to do this, and why would you? System set up is very important and part of the fun of getting new gear! Enjoy the entire process!

It's almost impossible to do this, and why would you? System set up is very important and part of the fun of getting new gear! Enjoy the entire process!
Yes, True I did enjoy the last time I put in a piece, thx for reminder, will take my time and take it all in.

I just wanted to be careful with the 110 lb. amp, since my lower back is not in the greatest shape. The ‘452 is in fine condition.
I’ve got the 2300 on Craigslist, but if it doesn’t move soon, I’m going to put it back into ‘strapped’ mode.

Sorry to hear about your Back. Know what that is like, my Back is not great either. Have you had much success with Craigslist? I have my Rotel RB1572 Amp up for grabs and had an offer from a fellow audiophile at our local shop, but he cannot pick up until mid-July.

Sorry to hear about your Back. Know what that is like, my Back is not great either. Have you had much success with Craigslist? I have my Rotel RB1572 Amp up for grabs and had an offer from a fellow audiophile at our local shop, but he cannot pick up until mid-July.
Not much of an Audiophile audience on Craigslist. No bites so far, but I've become leery of E Bay in the last few years. I'd rather sell to someone who can see, and audition the amp, anyway. I don't want to deal with the remote possibility of a 140 lb. return via the 'Bay..

Not much of an Audiophile audience on Craigslist. No bites so far, but I've become leery of E Bay in the last few years. I'd rather sell to someone who can see, and audition the amp, anyway. I don't want to deal with the remote possibility of a 140 lb. return via the 'Bay..
My concerns exactly. I have been procrastinating some things myself. Even if you do everything right, E-bay gives the buyer an awful lot of leeway with returns. Out McIntosh gear is too precious to allow it to fall into the hands of a part swapping fraudster. .

Do not get, 10watts? What did I miss?
It will be interesting to find out what we missed by a mere month. Check out the link above. Some members speculated incremental improvements such as more dynamic headroom. I am certainly hitting the PG lights more often than I thought I would! :rockon:

Great marketing ploy. There will always be some audiophiles who have the insatiable need to own the latest and greatest even if they owned the last one for only a week. The saliva will keep running out of their mouths.

Great marketing ploy. There will always be some audiophiles who have the insatiable need to own the latest and greatest even if they owned the last one for only a week. The saliva will keep running out of their mouths.
Agree 100%. When I was at Audio Classics I was asking were they got such an impressive selection of very recent used McIntosh gear They said a lot comes from great customers who wanted the most recent models, and they traded up all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom