Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

KBCS is good station - especially the sounds of africa show

Agree and now that it is coming in very strong I can actually enjoy it. I have heard the music from Africa and found it very enticing. Lots of unique stuff on that station.

Last edited:
FM can be a MR-78, MR-80 or MR 7084. When I want to listen to the news the 7084 for AM. I have a funky little receiver for XM radio. I don't remember who makes it.

I admit to being old school and loving to still listen to FM Broadcasts. I use modest equipment in regards to Pioneer Silver Faced equipment from 1976 to 1979. I have 2 Pioneer TX-5500II Tuners and 2 Pioneer TX-6500II Tuners, one of which is surrounded by a pretty good shape wood case, love it! I am listening to WQUT out of the Tricities of VA/TN. Tonight is Flashback from 06:00PM to 10:00PM & then Dee Synder's "House of Hair" 80's metal show from 10:00PM to 12:00PM. I need to get serious and hook up an outside antenna. However, WQUT is the one station that comes in quite clear in these mountains and happens to be my favorite FM Station TX-6500II.JPG

P1020541.jpg

das Ding an sich

Nice, clean look. Purdy.

I have numerous tuners was going to post up my rack of some of my tuners not good with a digital cam, use a Older Cannon SLR 35MM anyhow I will figure it out the dig and maybe post something up. Get some thoughts. Using a Fisher 90X listening to WPFW 89.3 FM of course.
Canton

Empire of the Air, what a book what an intro into Radio and audio what a title pitch perfect for those who listen to free music from the air or airwaves if you prefer.
The airwaves belong to us not to any big corporations they try to steal it but it still remains ours thanks to small independent stations. OK I will stop there.
Canton

Listening to the final show of Rob Bamberger's Hot Jazz Saturday Night (vintage jazz show), which began airing in 1980 on WAMU 88.5 in Washington, DC, on my Yamaha RX-777 with a RadioShack folded dipole antenna.

KEXP Seattle. Roadhouse Wednesday night.

On Punker X restored TU-717
Hey Gearhead454. I hope it comes in crystal clear for ya! I live in the rural mountains of SouthWestern Virginia. Clear radio is hard to come by in these parts. I can pull in about 4 or maybe 5 total that are usable. LOL Enjoy! FM listening is still high on my list of signal source for jammin'

Hey Gearhead454. I hope it comes in crystal clear for ya! I live in the rural mountains of SouthWestern Virginia. Clear radio is hard to come by in these parts. I can pull in about 4 or maybe 5 total that are usable. LOL Enjoy! FM listening is still high on my list of signal source for jammin'

Thankfully FM is still alive here. It's high on my list as well. Having Punker X restore the tuner and adding a small outdoor antenna made a huge difference in my FM SQ. My main station is KEXP it's amazing. I also enjoy KNKX 88.5, KING fm 98.1 (all classical) and KSER. three of the four are public stations. I don't listen to commercial fm much.
Best wishes for clear nights and strong signals!

Listening to KINK FM 101.9 Portland, OR on this little Sony XDR-F1HD I picked up this afternoon:

Sony_XDR-_F1_HD_1.jpg

Sounds pretty good, but in stock form, it won't displace my modded Sannsui TU-717 in the master bedroom system.

First order of business: give the outside a thorough cleaning.

Second order of business: start investigating mods while listening to this little guy.

Last edited:
Classical this morning on my Scott 570T. Later this summer I really need to take this out of rotation, open it up, and try my hand at the clean up process posted on another thread here. Ah, too many projects to do....

1sdfsdfer.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom